ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- Police Warn Of Gold Scam Targeting Chinese Residents In Maryland
- Baltimore Police Looking For Help Locating Missing 13-Year-Old
- Local Little Leaguers Take Part In Movie Shoot
- Crews Continue To Investigate Cause Of Steam Pipe Explosion, Make Repairs
- 14-Year-Old Medevaced From Cruise Ship Off Ocean City Coast