Eastbound Rt. 50 In Annapolis Closed After Sinkhole Opens Up
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- At Least 2 In Va. Dead After Tornado Touches Down Near Md. Line
- 11 & 14-Year-Old Among 3 Brothers Charged In Stepfather’s Murder
- Hundreds In Baltimore Rally To Show Solidarity With Those In Gaza
- Ray Rice Assault Costs Him 2-Game Suspension And Half A Million Dollars
- BGF Leader Sentenced To 10 Years In Baltimore Jail Racketeering