Eastbound Rt. 50 In Annapolis Closed After Sinkhole Opens Up
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Grants Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- 1 Officer Injured, 1 Protester Arrested During Demonstration
- Residents Pleased After Motions Denied In Freddie Gray Trial
- Md. Sen. Mikulski Announces Support For Iran Deal
- Mandel Lies In Repose At Maryland State House