Eastbound Rt. 50 In Annapolis Closed After Sinkhole Opens Up
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- Veteran Baltimore County Cop Attempts Breaking Into Home To Steal Pills
- Md. Medical Facilities Taking Precautions As Ebola-Stricken Arrive In U.S.
- 3-Year-Old Little Girl Dies From Injuries In City Drive-By Shooting
- U.S. Senators Criticize, Goodell Defends Ray Rice 2-Game Suspension
- House OKs Bill To Address Border Crisis