ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- Officials Seek Safe Way To Clean Defaced Star-Spangled Banner Monument
- Much Of The State Dealing With Snow After Overnight Winter Weather
- Navy Filing Homicide Charges Against 2 Ship Commanders
- ‘Get Off The Corner, Go To School’; Video Shows Mayor Pugh’s Reaction To Seeing Kid On Street During School Hours
- Maryland Senators Argue Over Skipping Budget Breakfast