ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- Md. Woman Who Fell Overboard Found Alive; Slept Overnight On Island
- Police: Cecil County’s Top Prosecutor Arrested In Ocean City
- High Court Overturns Former Va. Governor’s Bribery Conviction
- Coast Guard Academy Sets Record for Female Enrollment
- Clues Sought In Killing of Rising Baltimore Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’