ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- Police Charge Man After Hijacked Bus Kills Pedestrian in DC
- Charges Pending Against Man After Chemical Spray Incident At Towson Town Cntr.
- Baltimore Primary Ballots Still Being Counted, Pugh and Dixon Separated By Just a Few Thousand Votes
- Aeropostale Closing 113 Stores, Including Two In Maryland
- $2.4M Makeover Slated for Western District Police Station