ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- UMBC Students Stunned, Filled With Pride Over NCAA Victory
- UMBC’s Star Guard’s Parents Attended UVA; The School Their Son Defeated For Historic Upset
- UMBC’s Website Crashes After Pulling Off Biggest Upset In College Basketball History
- UMBC Defeats #1 Seed Virginia In Greatest NCAA Tournament Upset Ever
- Bald Eagle Rescued After Getting Trapped In Tree