ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A sinkhole shuts down part of Route 50 in Annapolis.
It happened in the middle of the eastbound lanes on Rt. 50 at Route 665. Traffic will remain closed overnight.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the two-foot sinkhole just after it opened up during the evening rush hour.
State highway officials say it happened because a drainage pipe under the road collapsed.
Other Local News:
- 2 Students, 2 Adults Injured In Route 29 School Bus Crash
- It’s Not Just Md.: New Flight Paths Lead To Noise Complaints Across U.S.
- Baltimore City Council To Have Hearing On Reviving ‘Dollar House’ Program
- DE, MD Officials Working To Develop Prosecution Against Edgewood Office Shooter
- 69-Year-Old Woman Dies In Early Morning Fire