Vinny Cerrato: Ravens O-Line Will Be Better!
The offensive line was awful last year and that probably being kind. This year the addition of Gary Kubiak’s offense with a zone blocking scheme will benefit the players but it will let Juan Castillo teach what he knows best.
With Eugene Monroe at left tackle, he is perfect for the offense, very athletic and he becomes a potential Pro Bowl tackle in time.
Left Guard K.O. (Kelechi Osemele) is big, athletic, and physical and a huge upgrade over anyone that played LG last year.
Jeremy Zuttah another athletic player will be playing Center and gives what fits within the new scheme.
Right Guard Marshall Yanda was recovering from his shoulder surgery which didn’t allow him to play at his strength potential.
Right Tackle is the big question where Michael Oher played but he was bad last year. Ricky Wagner and Ryan Jensen are competing for the job but we won’t know until pads come on. Worst case scenario K.O. has to move to RT and Jensen or Wagner could fit better at Guard.
For the Ravens sake, I hope either Wagner or Jensen can get it down because K.O. will be a Pro Bowl LG in time. I like 4/5 of the line this, which will be much improved from last year.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Mike Preston Says This Ravens Roster Is Hungry And Competitive
- Ravens Wide Receiver Breshad Perriman On What Life Has Been Like Since The NFL Draft
- Wally Williams Does Not Like The National Praise Of The Ravens Roster
- Jason La Canfora Has Concerns On Both Sides Of The Ball For The Ravens
- Update From The Raven’s Nest With Aaron Wilson