PERRY HALL, Md. (WJZ) — Inappropriate messages between a teacher and a student lead to an incident in Baltimore County.
The mother of a 15-year-old Perry Hall High School student first contacted police about a suspicious condition early Thursday morning.
When police arrived, they found numerous text messages sent back and forth between the girl and one of her teachers.
Officers say the texts described an emotional relationship that seemed inappropriate for a teacher and student.
Several hours later, police returned to the girl’s home in the 4600-block of Vicky Road for a report of a disturbance.
The girl’s father told police the 42-year-old teacher showed up at the home without permission, saying he wanted to talk.
The girl’s father told the teacher to leave, but he refused. The girl’s father then struck the teacher with a baseball bat.
The teacher sustained minor injuries but said he does not wish to pursue charges.
The name of the teacher will not be released because he has not been charged with a crime.
Other Local News:
- Governor Hogan Approves $28M For Schools For State Budget, $23M For City Schools
- One Hospitalized Following Baltimore House Fire
- Maryland Woman Convicted In Fatal Drunken Driving Wreck
- Court Rejects Appeal Of Ex-Grad Student Who Killed Friend
- Police Investigating After Man Walks Into Hospital With Gunshot Wound