Police: Father Of Perry Hall Girl Strikes Teacher With Bat After Finding Inappropriate Texts
Get Breaking News First
PERRY HALL, Md. (WJZ) — Inappropriate messages between a teacher and a student lead to an incident in Baltimore County.
The mother of a 15-year-old Perry Hall High School student first contacted police about a suspicious condition early Thursday morning.
When police arrived, they found numerous text messages sent back and forth between the girl and one of her teachers.
Officers say the texts described an emotional relationship that seemed inappropriate for a teacher and student.
Several hours later, police returned to the girl’s home in the 4600-block of Vicky Road for a report of a disturbance.
The girl’s father told police the 42-year-old teacher showed up at the home without permission, saying he wanted to talk.
The girl’s father told the teacher to leave, but he refused. The girl’s father then struck the teacher with a baseball bat.
The teacher sustained minor injuries but said he does not wish to pursue charges.
The name of the teacher will not be released because he has not been charged with a crime.
Other Local News:
- Police Search For 2 Missing Elkton Teens Last Seen Getting Into Dark Colored Car
- Ravens’ O.J. Brigance, Diagnosed With ALS, Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge
- 50 Levindale Geriatric Center Employees Take On The Ice Bucket Challenge
- Maryland State Fair Is Officially Underway
- Several Businesses Evacuated As Crews Investigate Building Fire