HALFWAY, Md. (WJZ)—Deputies are still searching for a motive after an apparent murder-suicide in Washington County.
It happened Thursday along Dawn Drive in Halfway, just outside of Hagerstown.
Deputies say 54-year-old William Smith shot and killed his wife and stepson, 47-year-old Kimberly Smith and 23-year-old Christopher Wachter.
Deputies say he then took his own life.
The bodies were taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- BARCS Holds Second Tats For Tails At Baltimore Tattoo Museum
- Police: Suspect In Custody; Bomb Squad Called To Investigate Essex Home
- Authorities Searching For Man Who Walked Away From House Arrest
- Armed Men Arrested After Fleeing Scene Of Shooting, Crashing Into Building
- 5 Robbed At Gunpoint In Maryland; 1 Shot