HALFWAY, Md. (WJZ)—Deputies are still searching for a motive after an apparent murder-suicide in Washington County.
It happened Thursday along Dawn Drive in Halfway, just outside of Hagerstown.
Deputies say 54-year-old William Smith shot and killed his wife and stepson, 47-year-old Kimberly Smith and 23-year-old Christopher Wachter.
Deputies say he then took his own life.
The bodies were taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- Suspect In Deadly Virginia Car Attack Faces Upgraded Charge
- Snow Covers Region; Icy Conditions Expected Overnight
- Fire Officials Release Cause Of Death In Fire That Killed Baltimore Mother, 2 Daughters
- Maryland Agency Announces Oyster Restoration Plan
- Baltimore Police Arrest ‘Shooting Spree’ Suspect After Pursuit Through City