HALFWAY, Md. (WJZ)—Deputies are still searching for a motive after an apparent murder-suicide in Washington County.
It happened Thursday along Dawn Drive in Halfway, just outside of Hagerstown.
Deputies say 54-year-old William Smith shot and killed his wife and stepson, 47-year-old Kimberly Smith and 23-year-old Christopher Wachter.
Deputies say he then took his own life.
The bodies were taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- Gov. Hogan on City School Deficit: ‘Getting Close But Not There Yet’
- Johns Hopkins Develops Video Game to Help Stroke Patients
- Md. Grand Jury Indicts Mother for Murdering Her Son Over Video Games
- From Chauffeur To Friend: American Cancer Society’s Driver Program Helps Sufferers In More Ways Than One
- House Republicans Pull Health Care Bill