HALFWAY, Md. (WJZ)—Deputies are still searching for a motive after an apparent murder-suicide in Washington County.
It happened Thursday along Dawn Drive in Halfway, just outside of Hagerstown.
Deputies say 54-year-old William Smith shot and killed his wife and stepson, 47-year-old Kimberly Smith and 23-year-old Christopher Wachter.
Deputies say he then took his own life.
The bodies were taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Church Working To Fight Opioid Epidemic
- 13 Arrested For DUI On St. Patrick’s Day In Howard County
- Police Investigating 4 Shootings, Including 1 Fatal, Within 9 Hours In Baltimore
- Rain, Snow Mix Possible For Tuesday Morning
- School Resource Officer Accidentally Fires Gun Inside Va. Middle School