HALFWAY, Md. (WJZ)—Deputies are still searching for a motive after an apparent murder-suicide in Washington County.
It happened Thursday along Dawn Drive in Halfway, just outside of Hagerstown.
Deputies say 54-year-old William Smith shot and killed his wife and stepson, 47-year-old Kimberly Smith and 23-year-old Christopher Wachter.
Deputies say he then took his own life.
The bodies were taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigating After Two People Shot Monday Evening
- Md. Federal Judge Hearing Lawsuits Against Trump Travel Ban
- Md. Woman Shot In Las Vegas Recovering At Johns Hopkins
- Gospel Singer Cheryl Fortune Opens Up About Surviving Domestic Abuse
- Police: Armed Suspect Took $26 During Robbery Before Being Shot By Officer