Shirtless Man Charged With Trying To Steal Candy
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Police in Calvert County say they arrested an intoxicated man who tried to steal candy from a Subway restaurant while wearing only a pair of shorts and white socks.
According to published media reports, the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office says James Wirick of Lusby was found inside the business on Friday afternoon. Deputies had responded to the Subway in Prince Frederick for a report of a disorderly person.
Authorities say Wirick, 50,appeared to be drunk and wasn’t wearing a shirt or shoes. They say a deputy spotted Wirick trying to put candy in his pocket.
He was charged with theft under $100 and disorderly conduct.
He was also charged with destruction of property after authorities say he ripped a telephone out of the wall at the county detention center.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Person In Custody In Maryland Shootings
- Constant Ice And Snow Causing Issues On Md. Roads
- Flight Forced To Make Emergency Landing At BWI Marshall Airport
- Race To Replace Sen. Barbara Mikulski Wide Open
- Suspect Held In Shootings Near NSA And Other Md Locations