PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Police in Calvert County say they arrested an intoxicated man who tried to steal candy from a Subway restaurant while wearing only a pair of shorts and white socks.
According to published media reports, the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office says James Wirick of Lusby was found inside the business on Friday afternoon. Deputies had responded to the Subway in Prince Frederick for a report of a disorderly person.
Authorities say Wirick, 50,appeared to be drunk and wasn’t wearing a shirt or shoes. They say a deputy spotted Wirick trying to put candy in his pocket.
He was charged with theft under $100 and disorderly conduct.
He was also charged with destruction of property after authorities say he ripped a telephone out of the wall at the county detention center.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Baltimore City Police Cruiser Involved in Woodlawn Wreck
- BWI Attempting To Make Travel A Little Healthier
- Weary of Protest, Baltimore Activists Seek Change Elsewhere
- Bowie Baysox Raising Cancer Awareness With Gov. Hogan Bobbleheads
- Weis Recalls Baked Goods For Potential Of Small Metal Fragments