PYLESVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — A woman is dead after a weekend crash.
It happened Sunday evening in the 1000-block of St. Mary’s Road in Pylesville near Route 24.
The Harford County Sheriff’s Office says Pedro Rivera, 23, of Wilmington, Del. was driving a Ford F250 pick-up truck eastbound, when it left the roadway and struck a pole.
Police say passenger My Yuen Nguyen, 18, of Bear, Del. was ejected from the vehicle. She was pronounced dead at the scene. No one else was significantly hurt.
Police believe alcohol and speed were contributing factors in the crash.
Charges are pending.
Other Local News:
- Harford County Honors Fallen Officers While Getting in Shape
- Marylanders Among Thousands In DC As Part Of Women’s March
- Women’s March Protests Held Right Here In Baltimore
- How Health Officials Plan To Stop ‘Steep Increase’ In Overdose Deaths
- Hundreds Of Thousands Of Women Around The World Decry Trump