PYLESVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — A woman is dead after a weekend crash.
It happened Sunday evening in the 1000-block of St. Mary’s Road in Pylesville near Route 24.
The Harford County Sheriff’s Office says Pedro Rivera, 23, of Wilmington, Del. was driving a Ford F250 pick-up truck eastbound, when it left the roadway and struck a pole.
Police say passenger My Yuen Nguyen, 18, of Bear, Del. was ejected from the vehicle. She was pronounced dead at the scene. No one else was significantly hurt.
Police believe alcohol and speed were contributing factors in the crash.
Charges are pending.
Other Local News:
- Victim’s Family Condemning Adnan Syed’s Push For New Trial
- Driver Who Ran Over Woman In Fells Point Had Previous Record
- Little Snow Expected From Early Week System
- Beyonce’s Summer Tour Coming To Baltimore; Tickets On Sale Next Week
- Suspects Arrested In Fells Point Triple Shooting