BALTIMORE (WJZ)–A 20-year-old Baltimore man is charged with attempted murder after police say he shot the mother of his children in the abdomen.
Delvonta Morten is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and various assault and handgun charges.
Morten, who was taken into custody Monday morning, was wanted for a shooting that took place on June 8 in the unit block of N. Abington Avenue.
During this incident the victim, who is the mother of Morten’s children, was shot in the abdomen.
The victim underwent surgery to remove the bullet and was later released from the hospital.
Detectives were able to identify Morten as the person responsible for the shooting and obtained an arrest warrant.
He is currently awaiting a bail review.
Other Local News:
- Annapolis Police Arrest Suspect In 2 Shootings
- New Poll Shows Gov. Hogan’s Popularity Soaring
- Alan Gross Speaking About His Ordeal In Cuban Prison
- Black Friday Shopping Brings Thousands To Md. Stores
- Crews In Montgomery County Save Dog Stuck In Storm Drain