BALTIMORE (WJZ)–A 20-year-old Baltimore man is charged with attempted murder after police say he shot the mother of his children in the abdomen.
Delvonta Morten is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and various assault and handgun charges.
Morten, who was taken into custody Monday morning, was wanted for a shooting that took place on June 8 in the unit block of N. Abington Avenue.
During this incident the victim, who is the mother of Morten’s children, was shot in the abdomen.
The victim underwent surgery to remove the bullet and was later released from the hospital.
Detectives were able to identify Morten as the person responsible for the shooting and obtained an arrest warrant.
He is currently awaiting a bail review.
Other Local News:
- Elderly Woman Killed In Northeast Baltimore Hit And Run, Police Seeking Driver
- Alert Lifted For Owings Mills Schools After Nearby Chinese Restaurant Robbery
- Hogan On Children’s Health Insurance Program: ‘Needy Kids Should Never Become A Political Football’
- In Baltimore, Jeff Sessions Talks Gang-Related Crime, Immigration
- NTSB Starts Final Probe Of The El Faro’s Sinking