BALTIMORE (WJZ)–A 20-year-old Baltimore man is charged with attempted murder after police say he shot the mother of his children in the abdomen.
Delvonta Morten is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and various assault and handgun charges.
Morten, who was taken into custody Monday morning, was wanted for a shooting that took place on June 8 in the unit block of N. Abington Avenue.
During this incident the victim, who is the mother of Morten’s children, was shot in the abdomen.
The victim underwent surgery to remove the bullet and was later released from the hospital.
Detectives were able to identify Morten as the person responsible for the shooting and obtained an arrest warrant.
He is currently awaiting a bail review.
Other Local News:
- Former Maryland Congresswoman Says She Is Feeling Stronger
- IKEA Recalls At Least 27 Million Dressers After More Deaths
- Metro to Cut 500 Jobs to Save Money
- 16-Year-Old Walks Into Hospital After Being Shot In Chest
- Suspect Sought in Prince George’s County Triple Murder