Baltimore Man Charged With Attempted Murder For Shooting Children’s Mother
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–A 20-year-old Baltimore man is charged with attempted murder after police say he shot the mother of his children in the abdomen.
Delvonta Morten is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and various assault and handgun charges.
Morten, who was taken into custody Monday morning, was wanted for a shooting that took place on June 8 in the unit block of N. Abington Avenue.
During this incident the victim, who is the mother of Morten’s children, was shot in the abdomen.
The victim underwent surgery to remove the bullet and was later released from the hospital.
Detectives were able to identify Morten as the person responsible for the shooting and obtained an arrest warrant.
He is currently awaiting a bail review.
Other Local News:
- Gov. Larry Hogan Expected To Make Announcement At City Jail
- Civilian Employee For Baltimore Police Dept. Indicted On Possession Of Child Porn
- Drones Being Tested To Carry Blood To Emergencies
- Parking Dispute Ends With Murder-Suicide In Edgemere
- 2 Men Shot, 1 Fatally, In Separate Incidents