17-Year-Old Caught By Rip Current Drowns In Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager caught in a rip current drowns in Ocean City.
Officials say the 17-year-old is from Parkville, but have not released his name.
The teen went under Friday afternoon off 92nd Street. Thirty rescue swimmers dove in to help.
The victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Two weeks ago, an 18-year-old from Montgomery County also drowned in Ocean City.
Other Local News:
- 2 Baltimore County Firefighters Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- Metro Releases New Safety Videos In Wake Of Fatal Smoke Incident
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, Reports To Baltimore Halfway House
- Former Md. Platoon Mate Glad Bergdahl Charged With Military Crimes
- Powdered Alcohol Stirring Up Controversy In Md.