OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager caught in a rip current drowns in Ocean City.
Officials say the 17-year-old is from Parkville, but have not released his name.
The teen went under Friday afternoon off 92nd Street. Thirty rescue swimmers dove in to help.
The victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Two weeks ago, an 18-year-old from Montgomery County also drowned in Ocean City.
Other Local News:
- ‘In Seconds, He Shot My Three Friends’: Workplace Shooting Survivor Recounts Horror
- Witness: Workplace Shooter Was Increasingly Angry, Hostile
- Victims Of Edgewood Business Shooting Described As Family By Co-Workers
- Police Officer Seriously Hurt In Hit-And-Run At Traffic Stop
- FBI, Baltimore Police Join Forces To Combat Sex Trafficking