17-Year-Old Caught By Rip Current Drowns In Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager caught in a rip current drowns in Ocean City.
Officials say the 17-year-old is from Parkville, but have not released his name.
The teen went under Friday afternoon off 92nd Street. Thirty rescue swimmers dove in to help.
The victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Two weeks ago, an 18-year-old from Montgomery County also drowned in Ocean City.
Other Local News:
- City Approves $12 Million To Repair Block On Collapsed Street
- DNR Police Sworn To Protect The Chesapeake Bay Crab Population
- Bridges At St. Paul’s School Program Guides City Kids To Success
- Body Found In Dundalk Area Identified As Missing Baltimore County Woman
- N.J. Detective Acquitted In Maryland Road Rage Fatal Shooting