OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager caught in a rip current drowns in Ocean City.
Officials say the 17-year-old is from Parkville, but have not released his name.
The teen went under Friday afternoon off 92nd Street. Thirty rescue swimmers dove in to help.
The victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Two weeks ago, an 18-year-old from Montgomery County also drowned in Ocean City.
Other Local News:
- Lawyer Says Texts Shed New Light On Rockville HS Rape Case
- Downtown Baltimore Seeing Boom In Popularity
- Trump’s Reversal Of Clean Energy Rules Could Hurt The Chesapeake Bay
- Emergency Calls Give New Insight Into Fatal Barricade Situation
- Here’s What A Columbia Classroom Looks Like After The Students Helped Redesign It