17-Year-Old Caught By Rip Current Drowns In Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager caught in a rip current drowns in Ocean City.
Officials say the 17-year-old is from Parkville, but have not released his name.
The teen went under Friday afternoon off 92nd Street. Thirty rescue swimmers dove in to help.
The victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Two weeks ago, an 18-year-old from Montgomery County also drowned in Ocean City.
Other Local News:
- Report: Man Who Died In Police Custody Consumed Cocaine Prior To Arrest
- Anne Arundel Police Chief Speaks At NAACP Event
- Ravens Rank 10th On Forbes List Of Most Valuable NFL Teams
- Maryland To Share $75M In Bank Of America Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- Police: Gunman Kills Estranged Wife’s Boyfriend, Attempts Suicide In Laurel