17-Year-Old Caught By Rip Current Drowns In Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager caught in a rip current drowns in Ocean City.
Officials say the 17-year-old is from Parkville, but have not released his name.
The teen went under Friday afternoon off 92nd Street. Thirty rescue swimmers dove in to help.
The victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Two weeks ago, an 18-year-old from Montgomery County also drowned in Ocean City.
Other Local News:
- 7 People In Custody After Fights Break Out At Overlea High
- Millions Of Cars Recalled Due To Faulty Airbags
- Rabbi Took Students To Synagogue Where He Allegedly Recorded Women
- Ray Rice Indefinite Suspension Appeal Hearing Set For Nov. 5
- 3 Anne Arundel Co. Employees Disciplined After Making Noose, Joking About It