OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A teenager caught in a rip current drowns in Ocean City.
Officials say the 17-year-old is from Parkville, but have not released his name.
The teen went under Friday afternoon off 92nd Street. Thirty rescue swimmers dove in to help.
The victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Two weeks ago, an 18-year-old from Montgomery County also drowned in Ocean City.
Other Local News:
- Legos, Lights, And Latkes To Celebrate The Third Night Of Hanukkah
- Deputy Chief Fire Marshal Killed While Trying To Rescue Someone To Be Laid To Rest
- Missing Md. Teen Found Dead Following Suspected Underage Drinking Party
- Judges Ask Lawmakers For Help On Psychiatric Bed Shortage
- Could Self-Driving Cars Be Coming To Maryland Soon?