BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A man already charged in the death of a 12-year-old girl now faces additional charges.
Kevin Simpson, 20, faces two counts of murder in two separate incidents.
Police say Simpson shot and killed 16-year-old Oscar Torres during an armed robbery on Memorial Day. Another victim was also injured at the scene. That man is expected to survive.
Detectives say Simpson also shot and killed 27-year-old Martel Jackson two days earlier at a gas station in the 2300-block of Frederick Avenue.
Simpson was arrested last week and already being held on vehicular manslaughter charges.
Investigators say Simpson fled police and ran into a family’s minivan, killing 12-year-old Shanizya Taft.
Other Local News:
- Silver Alert Issued For Missing 90-Year-Old Man
- Hundreds Honor Slain Maryland Police Officer Amy Caprio
- Trump Tells Grads ‘You Don’t Give Up, You Don’t Give In’
- ACLU Of Maryland Appoints 1st Black Woman As Leader
- Maryland Curbs Inmate Access To Books, Citing Drug Smuggling