BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A man already charged in the death of a 12-year-old girl now faces additional charges.
Kevin Simpson, 20, faces two counts of murder in two separate incidents.
Police say Simpson shot and killed 16-year-old Oscar Torres during an armed robbery on Memorial Day. Another victim was also injured at the scene. That man is expected to survive.
Detectives say Simpson also shot and killed 27-year-old Martel Jackson two days earlier at a gas station in the 2300-block of Frederick Avenue.
Simpson was arrested last week and already being held on vehicular manslaughter charges.
Investigators say Simpson fled police and ran into a family’s minivan, killing 12-year-old Shanizya Taft.
Other Local News:
- Police Looking For Additional Victims In Baltimore Veterinarian Animal Abuse Case
- Fire Damages Vacant Baltimore Building By Community Center
- Police Find Missing 14-Year-Old Boy
- Baltimore Police Looking For Man Missing Since Early December
- Planning Board OKs Marriott’s $600M Maryland Headquarters