BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A man already charged in the death of a 12-year-old girl now faces additional charges.
Kevin Simpson, 20, faces two counts of murder in two separate incidents.
Police say Simpson shot and killed 16-year-old Oscar Torres during an armed robbery on Memorial Day. Another victim was also injured at the scene. That man is expected to survive.
Detectives say Simpson also shot and killed 27-year-old Martel Jackson two days earlier at a gas station in the 2300-block of Frederick Avenue.
Simpson was arrested last week and already being held on vehicular manslaughter charges.
Investigators say Simpson fled police and ran into a family’s minivan, killing 12-year-old Shanizya Taft.
Other Local News:
- Police: Man Hospitalized After Being Shot in Thigh in Parkville
- Heat Index Could Make It Feel Like 109 Degrees in Md. Today
- 12 Arrested After 2 Boardwalk Confrontations With Police
- Pre-Trial Motions Set to Begin for 5th Officer Charged Gray Case
- Baltimore Mayor to Gavel DNC Convention Amid Party Chair’s Resignation