“For us talking about winning a World Cup, it’s just not realistic,” the words of US Soccer Coach Jurgen Klinsmann this week.
Oops! He may be right, but should the coach really say that?
The general consensus is: NO! I think most people want to hear: “I believe in our guys, and if we were good enough to get here, we’re good enough to win.” No one would believe him, but it is a better course of action. Particularly, when this is a very nationalistic event with patriotism on the line, and he is not one of us. He is German. He is a hired hand. That doesn’t make him a bad hire. He is a good coach. But, he needs to be a little sensitive to who he is talking to: Americans.
Like I said, everyone wants honesty, except when the truth hurts.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Where Will The Top College RBs Land?
- Keidel: NFL Championship Predictions
- CBS Sports’ Tony Romo And Bill Cowher On AFC Championship Game
- ROH Champion Silas Young Expects To Re-Sign Following WWE Joke
- This Week in College Basketball: Duke’s Bagley Plays Role Of Doctor, Pops Own Shoulder Back In