Man At Taco Bell Drive-Thru Charged With DWI & Impersonating An Officer
SEVERNA PARK, Md. (WJZ)– A Severna Park man is arrested after going to a Taco Bell drive-thru intoxicated and then pretending to be a police officer.
It happened Sunday around 2 a..m. at the Taco Bell in the 500-block of Ritchie Highway in Severna Park.
When police arrived at the scene, they found Robert Knickerbocker, 47, inside a Mercedes 300D repeatedly blowing the horn.
Police say Knickerbocker ordered food but refused to pull up in the drive-thru as requested by an employee. He then began to act belligerent, blowing on his horn and cursing.
Officers detected alcohol on Knickerbocker ‘s breath and noticed that his eyes were glassy and his speech was mumbled and slurred.
When Knickerbocker exited the vehicle. he identified himself as a police officer with the Maryland Natural Resources Police. Knickerbocker is not a police officer.
Police say he performed poorly on a series of field sobriety tests, including requests to maintain his balance, and was placed under arrest.
Knickerbocker was issued five traffic citations and charged with DWI and impersonating a police officer.
Other Local News:
- Md. National Guardsman Sentenced To 20 Months For Role In BGF Conspiracy
- Disgraced Rabbi To Resign From Post At Towson University
- Md. Man Sentenced In Rockfish Poaching Scheme Worth $500K
- Broken Water Mains Hurting Some Md. Businesses’ Bottom Line
- Md. Delegate To Appear In Court On Domestic Violence Order