Mel Antonen Talks About Matt Wieters Surgery
Mel Antonen is a reporter for MASN-TV and SI.com covering Major League Baseball, primarily the Orioles and Nationals. Mel joined Vinny and Rob to talk about Orioles baseball and remember the legendary Tony Gwynn.
Mel talked about the Matt Wieters injury, surgery and the expected recovery time. The guys also discuss a few other Orioles topics including Chris Davis, who doesn’t look like the same hitter in the batters box as he did last year. Mel says while most of the lineup has struggled to hit Nick Markakis has been a bright spot.
Mel also reacts to the death of Tony Gwynn.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles’ Untimely Skid Severely Damages Their Playoff Hopes
- Davis’ HR In 11th Inning Gives Orioles 7-6 Win Over Rays
- The Iron Man Cal Ripken Jr Talks “The Streak”
- Bob Haynie: Misery Continues For The Orioles
- Arencibia, Smyly Carry Rays Past Struggling Orioles 11-2