ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A fatal accident leaves a motorcyclist dead.
According to police, a man on a Kawasaki Ninja was struck by a Saturn while speeding through a red light Tuesday morning.
Police say Terrence Alan Robinson, 24, was speeding. A police officer attempted to pull over the motorcycle, but the driver didn’t stop. Because the motorcyclist was traveling at a high rate of speed, police say the officer did not engage in a high-speed pursuit.
Witnesses say the motorcyclist ran a right light at Route 40 and Normandy Drive and then another red light at Route 40 and Rogers. The driver of the Saturn was making a legal left turn on a green light.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at Howard County General Hospital. Police say Robinson didn’t have a motorcycle license and his driver’s license was suspended.
The driver of the Saturn, Carole Ann Fisher, was not seriously injured.
Other Local News:
- New Trial Granted For Adnan Syed, Subject Of ‘Serial’ Podcast
- All Clear At Joint Base Andrews After ‘Miscommunication’ Over Active Shooter
- 2 Maryland Contractors Among 23 Honored for Heroism Award
- Maryland Lawmakers Hope Hogan OKs $80M in Fenced Off Funds
- Man Arrested In Connection With Triple Homicide in Forestville