GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A 22-year-old Pasadena man is dead after his car spun out of control on Arundel Expressway and hit a tree.
It happened just before 9:30 p.m. Wednesday on northbound Md. Route 10 prior to I-695.
Investigators say Joseph Brandon Orange was speeding on the Arundel Expressway, failed to negotiate a curve, spun out of control and struck a tree.
Orange was pronounced dead about an hour later at Shock Trauma.
Two passengers were seriously injured.
Justin Scott Conley, 20, of Pasadena, suffered incapacitating injures and is listed in stable condition at Shock Trauma. Zachary Leonardi Payne, 21, also of Pasadena, is listed in critical condition at Shock Trauma.
Police say excessive speed is the main contributing factor in this crash.
Alcohol usage is unknown at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Lead Freddie Gray Police Investigator Charged With Assault
- Women’s March Organizers Say The Movement Must Continue
- Go To Work Sick Or Stay Home & Lose Money?; Debate Over Paid Sick Leave
- Light City Back In 2017 With ‘Bigger, Brighter, Bolder’ Festival
- DC Bakery Says It Was Asked To Copy Obama’s 2013 Cake, Donated Profits To HRC