1 Dead, 2 Injured In High-Speed Crash Into Tree Off Arundel Expressway
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A 22-year-old Pasadena man is dead after his car spun out of control on Arundel Expressway and hit a tree.
It happened just before 9:30 p.m. Wednesday on northbound Md. Route 10 prior to I-695.
Investigators say Joseph Brandon Orange was speeding on the Arundel Expressway, failed to negotiate a curve, spun out of control and struck a tree.
Orange was pronounced dead about an hour later at Shock Trauma.
Two passengers were seriously injured.
Justin Scott Conley, 20, of Pasadena, suffered incapacitating injures and is listed in stable condition at Shock Trauma. Zachary Leonardi Payne, 21, also of Pasadena, is listed in critical condition at Shock Trauma.
Police say excessive speed is the main contributing factor in this crash.
Alcohol usage is unknown at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Chris Christie Holds Md. Fundraiser With Governor Larry Hogan As Guest
- As Freddie Gray Trial Looms, Officials Work To Prevent Another Riot
- Son Accused Of Killing Father In Catonsville Is Being Held Without Bail
- NASA: Rising Sea Levels, Shrinking Ice Has Big Impact On Md.
- Pet Coyote Euthanized In Calvert County