GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A 22-year-old Pasadena man is dead after his car spun out of control on Arundel Expressway and hit a tree.
It happened just before 9:30 p.m. Wednesday on northbound Md. Route 10 prior to I-695.
Investigators say Joseph Brandon Orange was speeding on the Arundel Expressway, failed to negotiate a curve, spun out of control and struck a tree.
Orange was pronounced dead about an hour later at Shock Trauma.
Two passengers were seriously injured.
Justin Scott Conley, 20, of Pasadena, suffered incapacitating injures and is listed in stable condition at Shock Trauma. Zachary Leonardi Payne, 21, also of Pasadena, is listed in critical condition at Shock Trauma.
Police say excessive speed is the main contributing factor in this crash.
Alcohol usage is unknown at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Md. Comptroller Eyeing Up Big Changes For Daily Fantasy Sports
- Critical Hearing Ahead In Next Trial of Officer Charged in Freddie Gray’s Death
- Police: Boaters Lucky Brawl On Choptank River Didn’t Turn ‘Deadly’
- Family Of Frostburg Football Player Who Died Will Settle Suit With NCAA
- 2 Former Va. Tech Students Indicted In Slaying of Nicole Lovell