ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — There were some campaign upsets in Anne Arundel County.
Delegate Steve Schuh has unseated incumbent Laura Neuman in the Republican primary for County Executive.
He will face former county sheriff, Democrat George Johnson, in the general election.
Anne Arundel County Delegate Don Dwyer has lost his House seat.
Dwyer made headlines last August for a drunken boating accident where several children were injured. This was then followed by another DUI arrest.
He is the only incumbent legislator running for re-election to lose.
Meagan Simonaire and Nic Kipke will move on to the November election.
Other Local News:
- Hampden Community Holds Vigil for New York Man Killed by Baltimore Man
- BPD ID’d Officer Who Shot & Killed Man; Held 2 Toddlers at Knife-point
- Orioles Season Ticket-Holders Get First Dibs at Seats at Tag Day
- DuPont Family Trust Lawsuit Moved from Maryland to Delaware
- Women’s History Month Rally Held In Annapolis