Anne Arundel County Executive, Embattled Delegate Unseated
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — There were some campaign upsets in Anne Arundel County.
Delegate Steve Schuh has unseated incumbent Laura Neuman in the Republican primary for County Executive.
He will face former county sheriff, Democrat George Johnson, in the general election.
Anne Arundel County Delegate Don Dwyer has lost his House seat.
Dwyer made headlines last August for a drunken boating accident where several children were injured. This was then followed by another DUI arrest.
He is the only incumbent legislator running for re-election to lose.
Meagan Simonaire and Nic Kipke will move on to the November election.
Other Local News:
- Demonstrator Arrested During 1st Hearing Of Freddie Gray Case
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- 1 Officer Injured, 1 Protester Arrested During Demonstration
- Residents Pleased After Motions Denied In Freddie Gray Trial
- Md. Sen. Mikulski Announces Support For Iran Deal