ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — There were some campaign upsets in Anne Arundel County.
Delegate Steve Schuh has unseated incumbent Laura Neuman in the Republican primary for County Executive.
He will face former county sheriff, Democrat George Johnson, in the general election.
Anne Arundel County Delegate Don Dwyer has lost his House seat.
Dwyer made headlines last August for a drunken boating accident where several children were injured. This was then followed by another DUI arrest.
He is the only incumbent legislator running for re-election to lose.
Meagan Simonaire and Nic Kipke will move on to the November election.
Other Local News:
- Medical Professionals Honored at 28th Annual Shock Trauma Gala
- Police: Maryland Officer Shoots Woman Riding in Stolen Car
- First Responders Celebrated; Towson Teacher Remembers Boston Bombing
- Anne Arundel Co. Closer to Getting Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- Trump Awards Purple Heart at Walter Reed Military Hospital