ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — There were some campaign upsets in Anne Arundel County.
Delegate Steve Schuh has unseated incumbent Laura Neuman in the Republican primary for County Executive.
He will face former county sheriff, Democrat George Johnson, in the general election.
Anne Arundel County Delegate Don Dwyer has lost his House seat.
Dwyer made headlines last August for a drunken boating accident where several children were injured. This was then followed by another DUI arrest.
He is the only incumbent legislator running for re-election to lose.
Meagan Simonaire and Nic Kipke will move on to the November election.
Other Local News:
- Neighbors March For Justice After 90-Year-Old Dies After Assault
- Report: Md. Beaches Are On A 4-Year Clean Streak
- Now That It’s Warming Up, It’s Time To Take Zika Precautions
- Few Memorial Day Travel Headaches, Most Wait Times Bearable
- History In The Making: Md. District AAU Hosts National Basketball Tournament