Anne Arundel County Executive, Embattled Delegate Unseated
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — There were some campaign upsets in Anne Arundel County.
Delegate Steve Schuh has unseated incumbent Laura Neuman in the Republican primary for County Executive.
He will face former county sheriff, Democrat George Johnson, in the general election.
Anne Arundel County Delegate Don Dwyer has lost his House seat.
Dwyer made headlines last August for a drunken boating accident where several children were injured. This was then followed by another DUI arrest.
He is the only incumbent legislator running for re-election to lose.
Meagan Simonaire and Nic Kipke will move on to the November election.
Other Local News:
- 7 Injured When Car Crashes Into Andy Nelson’s Barbecue Restaurant
- Maryland Live! Casino Eyes Soon-To-Be-Fired Atlantic City Workers
- Police: Woman Spit On Officers’ Faces During Drug Arrest In Glen Burnie
- Can’t Beat It? Eat It. Snakehead Fish Becomes State Trophy
- Drivers Should Expect Upcoming Lane Closures On The Bay Bridge