BALTIMORE (WJZ)— The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has announced the first heat-related deaths of the 2014 season.
Both people who died were over the age of 65 and had underlying health conditions.
One was a female from Harford County, while the other was a male from Baltimore County.
The deaths took place during the week of June 17-23.
In 2013, there were 17 confirmed heat-related deaths from May through September in Maryland. In 2012, there were 46 confirmed heat-related deaths during that time period, with 34 in 2011 and 32 in 2010.
Other Local News:
- Locals Cleans Up Matthew Henson Neighborhood For Clean Up Day
- Escaped Prisoner Vernon Goode Still At Large
- One Person Taken To Hospital After Crash In Ferndale
- Cyber Attack Affects Major Websites, Culprit Still To Be Named
- Orioles Staffer Remembered At Breathe Deep Baltimore Lung Cancer Walk