BALTIMORE (WJZ)— The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has announced the first heat-related deaths of the 2014 season.
Both people who died were over the age of 65 and had underlying health conditions.
One was a female from Harford County, while the other was a male from Baltimore County.
The deaths took place during the week of June 17-23.
In 2013, there were 17 confirmed heat-related deaths from May through September in Maryland. In 2012, there were 46 confirmed heat-related deaths during that time period, with 34 in 2011 and 32 in 2010.
Other Local News:
- Vaping Prompts Annapolis School To Remove Bathroom Doors
- Baltimore Police Looking For Person Of Interest In Deadly Stabbing
- Light City 2018 Shines Light On Local Artists
- Light City Festival Coming To Electrifying End
- Police: 2 Teens Accused Of Attacking, Carjacking Pregnant Teacher Arrested