BALTIMORE (WJZ)— The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has announced the first heat-related deaths of the 2014 season.
Both people who died were over the age of 65 and had underlying health conditions.
One was a female from Harford County, while the other was a male from Baltimore County.
The deaths took place during the week of June 17-23.
In 2013, there were 17 confirmed heat-related deaths from May through September in Maryland. In 2012, there were 46 confirmed heat-related deaths during that time period, with 34 in 2011 and 32 in 2010.
Other Local News:
- No Charges Yet In Fatal DE Bathroom Beating
- Ray Lewis’s Son, Ray Lewis III, Charged With Criminal Sexual Conduct in S.C.
- Missing Student’s Body Likely Found In Virginia
- Fatal Crash Reported In Anne Arundel County
- Mitchell Courthouse To Stay Closed Through Next Week