BALTIMORE (WJZ)— The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has announced the first heat-related deaths of the 2014 season.
Both people who died were over the age of 65 and had underlying health conditions.
One was a female from Harford County, while the other was a male from Baltimore County.
The deaths took place during the week of June 17-23.
In 2013, there were 17 confirmed heat-related deaths from May through September in Maryland. In 2012, there were 46 confirmed heat-related deaths during that time period, with 34 in 2011 and 32 in 2010.
Other Local News:
- 17-Year-Old Arrested In Sex Assault, 2nd Suspect Still Sought
- Bicyclist Dead After Collision With Pickup In Baltimore County
- Woodlawn Water Main Break Sends Water Shooting Into The Air
- Comm. Davis Opens Up About Aerial Surveillance Program
- Biden: $2.45B Loan For Amtrak Upgrades In Northeast Corridor