BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Thousands of Johns Hopkins Hospital workers agree not to strike.
Governor Martin O’Malley released a statement Thursday, saying:
“Today I urged 1199 SEIU and the Johns Hopkins Hospital management to take a one week cooling off period. 1199 SEIU has agreed not to strike at this time — I appreciate both sides’ willingness to continue negotiating in good faith.”
The two sides have been in negotiations over how much workers should be paid for nearly four months.
Other Local News:
- Fire Causes Entire Roof Of Maryland Apartment Building To Collapse
- Gov. Hogan Calls Meeting On ‘Tragic, Disturbing’ Baltimore Violence
- Confederate Memorial Removed From Ellicott City Courthouse
- Busy Clean Up Still Underway After Monday’s Storms
- Are Arrest Quotas Leading To Questionable Behavior On Bodycam Video?