BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Thousands of Johns Hopkins Hospital workers agree not to strike.
Governor Martin O’Malley released a statement Thursday, saying:
“Today I urged 1199 SEIU and the Johns Hopkins Hospital management to take a one week cooling off period. 1199 SEIU has agreed not to strike at this time — I appreciate both sides’ willingness to continue negotiating in good faith.”
The two sides have been in negotiations over how much workers should be paid for nearly four months.
Other Local News:
- 90-Year-Old Woman Dies After Violent Baltimore Home Invasion
- Bill Would Put Md. At Forefront Of War On Cyber Terrorism
- Baltimore County Police Search For Missing 16-Year-Old Girl
- Fake Guns Are A Real Problem For Law Enforcement, Police Say
- NYPD Commissioner Calls Out Mosby For ‘Inexperience, Overcharging Cops’