Hopkins Hospital Workers Agree Not To Strike
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Thousands of Johns Hopkins Hospital workers agree not to strike.
Governor Martin O’Malley released a statement Thursday, saying:
“Today I urged 1199 SEIU and the Johns Hopkins Hospital management to take a one week cooling off period. 1199 SEIU has agreed not to strike at this time — I appreciate both sides’ willingness to continue negotiating in good faith.”
The two sides have been in negotiations over how much workers should be paid for nearly four months.
Other Local News:
- $1M Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In Baltimore City
- FBI Arrests Suspect In 14 Baltimore-Area Armed Robberies
- Md. Man Accused Of Directing Nurse To Sexually Abuse His 6-Weeks-Old Foster Son
- Baltimore Man Sentenced 48 Months For $1.2M Food Stamp Fraud
- Man Impersonating Police Beats, Robs 61-Year-Old Eastern Shore Woman