BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Thousands of Johns Hopkins Hospital workers agree not to strike.
Governor Martin O’Malley released a statement Thursday, saying:
“Today I urged 1199 SEIU and the Johns Hopkins Hospital management to take a one week cooling off period. 1199 SEIU has agreed not to strike at this time — I appreciate both sides’ willingness to continue negotiating in good faith.”
The two sides have been in negotiations over how much workers should be paid for nearly four months.
Other Local News:
- Alert Lifted For Owings Mills Schools After Nearby Chinese Restaurant Robbery
- Hogan On Children’s Health Insurance Program: ‘Needy Kids Should Never Become A Political Football’
- In Baltimore, Jeff Sessions Talks Gang-Related Crime, Immigration
- NTSB Starts Final Probe Of The El Faro’s Sinking
- Baltimore Police Looking For Missing Vulnerable Man