Hopkins Hospital Workers Agree Not To Strike
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Thousands of Johns Hopkins Hospital workers agree not to strike.
Governor Martin O’Malley released a statement Thursday, saying:
“Today I urged 1199 SEIU and the Johns Hopkins Hospital management to take a one week cooling off period. 1199 SEIU has agreed not to strike at this time — I appreciate both sides’ willingness to continue negotiating in good faith.”
The two sides have been in negotiations over how much workers should be paid for nearly four months.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Addresses City Violence, Says “I’m Not Going To Resign”
- National Guard Maj. Gen. Linda Singh Talks Life, Leadership During Riots
- Howard Co. Home Catches Fire After Lightning Strike
- Police Chiefs Meet In D.C. To Discuss National Spike In Violence
- Police Investigate Double Shooting In Bowleys Quarters