BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Thousands of Johns Hopkins Hospital workers agree not to strike.
Governor Martin O’Malley released a statement Thursday, saying:
“Today I urged 1199 SEIU and the Johns Hopkins Hospital management to take a one week cooling off period. 1199 SEIU has agreed not to strike at this time — I appreciate both sides’ willingness to continue negotiating in good faith.”
The two sides have been in negotiations over how much workers should be paid for nearly four months.
Other Local News:
- Bowie Baysox Raising Cancer Awareness With Gov. Hogan Bobbleheads
- Weis Recalls Baked Goods For Potential Of Small Metal Fragments
- Maryland-Made Cult Classic ‘The Blair Witch Project’ Getting A Sequel
- Toddler, Infant Unharmed In Deadly Baltimore Home Invasion
- Nearly 300 Southwest Flights Delayed, Canceled Due to Lingering Disruptions