Md. Astronaut Loses Hair After Losing U.S. Soccer Bet
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — The American astronauts aboard the International Space Station, including Baltimore County’s Reid Wiseman, lose a bet and then lose their hair.
Wiseman and fellow American Steve Swanson bet the U.S. men’s soccer team would beat Germany in their match-up Thursday.
The U.S. lost and the two had their heads shaved to pay off the bet.
If the U.S. had won, German astronaut Alexander Gerst, who already shaves his head, had agreed to paint a U.S. flag on it.
Other Local News:
- 1st Human Trials With Ebola Vaccine To Begin Next Week In Maryland
- Wife Of Md. Congressman Andy Harris Dies Unexpectedly
- NFL To Crack Down On Domestic Violence Amid Criticism Of Ray Rice Punishment
- Ex-Baltimore Cop Convicted In Mistress’ Murder Granted Retrial 20 Years Later
- Gun Debate Grows After 9-Year-Old Accidentally Kills Shooting Instructor