Weed With That? Pot Served With Fast Food Order At Md. Sonic
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — A Frederick woman says she was served a bag of marijuana with her fast-food order at a Sonic drive-in.
The Frederick News-Post reported Friday that Carla McFarland says she found the little plastic baggie in a container along with the French fries she bought Wednesday in Frederick.
McFarland says she complained to a manager and called police. She says a manager later told her an employee had been fired after saying the bag must have slipped from her apron.
Franchise owner John Louderback confirms that the employee no longer works there.
The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office says it’s investigating the matter.
McFarland isn’t laughing. She says her two young children were in the car, within easy reach of the bag.
Sonic Corp. is based in Oklahoma City.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- CHAOS: 15 Officers Injured, Businesses Looted, Fires Set As Violent Riots Plague Baltimore
- Baltimore City Leaders Urging Rioters To Get Off The Streets
- Huge Fires Burn Downtown Baltimore Buildings Shortly After Riots
- Baltimore Mayor Imposes Curfew, Says ‘Thugs’ Trying To Tear Down City
- Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard