ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Two bicyclists are struck by a vehicle in Anne Arundel County.
Police say it happened after a driver crossed over onto the shoulder of Route 450 near Brice Lane in Annapolis.
Both bicyclists were flown to Shock Trauma. Katie Pohler, 23, sustained serious injuries in the crash, but has been upgraded to stable condition. Todd Green, 27, was seriously hurt as well, but was later released from the hospital.
The driver, 54-year-old Robin Colbert, was not injured.
The cause of the crash appears to be driver error. Police say alcohol is also a contributing factor.
Charges are pending.
Other Local News:
- Md. State Police Makes Drug Bust Spanning 5 Counties, Including Delaware; $130,000 Worth Of Drugs
- Police: Infant Dies After Being ‘Tortured’ By Daycare Worker
- Baltimore Judge Temporarily Delays Medical Pot Licenses
- Novel Adaptation “Jazz” Debuts At Baltimore Center Stage
- Baltimore Group Calls For Illegal Immigrant To Be Released From Jail