Man Accused Of Shooting Off-Duty Officer Now Faces Federal Charges
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The man charged with shooting and injuring an off-duty Baltimore police officer now faces federal charges.
Gregg Thomas has now been indicted on drug and weapons charges.
He was arrested in March and is accused of shooting Sergeant Keith Mcneill in East Baltimore.
After a city-wide manhunt, Thomas turned himself in, but has maintained his innocence.
He is also charged with attempted murder.
Mcneill, a 19-year veteran, was recently released from the hospital.
Other Local News:
- Balt. Co. Police Search For Missing Kids
- Baltimore Leaders Fight City’s Criminal Reputation In Pop Culture
- Morgan Officials Release More Information In Student’s Death
- 18-Year-Old Drowns In Ocean City After Being Caught In Rip Current
- Excitement Continues As Horseshoe Casino Opens For Its First Full Day