BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The man charged with shooting and injuring an off-duty Baltimore police officer now faces federal charges.
Gregg Thomas has now been indicted on drug and weapons charges.
He was arrested in March and is accused of shooting Sergeant Keith Mcneill in East Baltimore.
After a city-wide manhunt, Thomas turned himself in, but has maintained his innocence.
He is also charged with attempted murder.
Mcneill, a 19-year veteran, was recently released from the hospital.
Other Local News:
- Md. Football Player Paralyzed From Shooting Passes Away
- Md. Schools On Edge In Wake Of Deadly Florida School Shooting
- Daughter Of Legendary Jazz Musician Educating Baltimore Youth For More Than 50 Years
- Group Is Trying To Get Surveillance Plane Flying Again
- Gov. Hogan Gives Update On 2018 Legislative Session At The Halfway Point