BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The man charged with shooting and injuring an off-duty Baltimore police officer now faces federal charges.
Gregg Thomas has now been indicted on drug and weapons charges.
He was arrested in March and is accused of shooting Sergeant Keith Mcneill in East Baltimore.
After a city-wide manhunt, Thomas turned himself in, but has maintained his innocence.
He is also charged with attempted murder.
Mcneill, a 19-year veteran, was recently released from the hospital.
Other Local News:
- A Chance To Win Big During Small Business Saturday
- Elderly Man Dies In Crash
- Pedestrian Killed In Prince George’s County
- Baltimore Community Prays For Slain Detective; Murder Remains Unsolved More Than Week Later
- Baltimore To Move Forward With Program To Provide Legal Assistance For Undocumented Immigrants