BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The man charged with shooting and injuring an off-duty Baltimore police officer now faces federal charges.
Gregg Thomas has now been indicted on drug and weapons charges.
He was arrested in March and is accused of shooting Sergeant Keith Mcneill in East Baltimore.
After a city-wide manhunt, Thomas turned himself in, but has maintained his innocence.
He is also charged with attempted murder.
Mcneill, a 19-year veteran, was recently released from the hospital.
Other Local News:
- 2 Dogs Killed, 1 Woman Injured In Baltimore Dog Attack
- Boy, Mother Reunited At BWI Airport After Being Separated At US-Mexico Border
- Baltimore Co. Fire Dept. Employee Finds Death Threat Letters On Car, At Home
- Lawmakers Asking For Work Visa Extension Of 25 Foreign Teachers In Baltimore
- 17-Year-Old Charged In Missing Teen’s Murder