Police Searching For Missing Man At Beaver Dam Swimming Club
Get Breaking News First
COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Police divers are searching for a man who went missing while swimming at the Beaver Dam Swimming Club.
Baltimore County Police say the man was reported missing Saturday afternoon.
A 911 caller reported that the man had last been seen two hours before the call was made.
Rescue workers and volunteer divers searched for the man for nearly three hours, at which point rescue operations were stopped and police took over.
Dive crews returned Sunday, but have not located the victim.
The swim club advertises that the water in the quarry averages 40 feet deep. The club was closed on Sunday while the search was ongoing.
Rochelle Ritchie will have more on this story at 6:30 p.m.
Other Local News:
- Excitement Continues As Horseshoe Casino Opens For Its First Full Day
- Baltimore County Police Investigating Incident At Lansdowne Home
- Baltimore City Police Commissioner Will Serve For 6 More Years
- 18-Year-Old Drowns In Ocean City After Being Caught In Rip Current
- Boy, 15, Dies After Stabbing In Dundalk, Md.