COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Police divers are searching for a man who went missing while swimming at the Beaver Dam Swimming Club.
Baltimore County Police say the man was reported missing Saturday afternoon.
A 911 caller reported that the man had last been seen two hours before the call was made.
Rescue workers and volunteer divers searched for the man for nearly three hours, at which point rescue operations were stopped and police took over.
Dive crews returned Sunday, but have not located the victim.
The swim club advertises that the water in the quarry averages 40 feet deep. The club was closed on Sunday while the search was ongoing.
Rochelle Ritchie will have more on this story at 6:30 p.m.
Other Local News:
- FBI Searching for Armed Robbery Suspect; 4 Others Arrested
- One Year Later, Police Searching for Leads In Killing of Ft. Meade Soldier
- First Warning WX: Tracking Tropical Depressions Near United States
- Justice Dept. Focuses On Police Treatment of Mentally Ill
- Man Charged In Recent Annapolis Murder Now Charged In Similar 4-Year-Old Case