Tiger Woods came in as the “Host” of the Quicken Loans National in Bethesda but left in disgrace. Even more egregious he never returned to Congressional Country Club.
Woods essentially admitted the ONLY reason he participated last week was because he is the tournament host, since the charity that benefits from the event is his foundation.
For just over a half-hour, Tiger addressed the media to promote his event and discuss his back surgery. He also spoke after missing the cut on Friday following rounds of 74 and 75 that put him four strokes from the cut.. But instead of sticking around to “schmooze” sponsors and fans, a selfish Woods flew home to Florida on his private jet – and stayed there all weekend. Choosing not to return to present the winner’s trophy to Justin Rose, like he should have (as the event’s host). According to the Washington Post, the tournament staff told Woods not to come back because he needed to rest. Yes, he needs 3 weeks of rest BEFORE the British Open? So a guy stuck on 14 majors, who hasn’t won one in over 5 years is going to prepare for his next event by playing in one competitive tournament since March 9th?
Good luck catching Jack at age 38, with injury after injury piling up.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Navy to Wear Under Armour ‘Beat Army’ Unis In Army-Navy Game
- Johns Hopkins Study Puts New Spin On Baseball Batting Stats
- Orioles Rumors: Dan Duquette Talks Possible Signings, Trumbo Deal, RP Trades
- Ravens Opponent Profile Wk 14: The Ravens Have Their Toughest Test Coming Up Against The Patriots On Monday Night
- Keidel: Are These Chiefs For Real?