Ray Rice Ranked Most Overrated Raven
BALTIMORE (CBS) — Is Ray Rice—the running back who had 1,143 rushing yards and over 1600 all-purpose yards and 10 TDs in the 2012 season en-route to a Super Bowl victory—overrated? That’s what Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com thinks. Sure he had a rough 2013 campaign but the entire offense struggled to get anything consistent last year.
Prisco named the most overrated and underrated player on each NFL team on Friday in a piece for CBSSports.com (READ IT HERE). For the Ravens, Prisco listed Rice as the Ravens most overrated player and CB Jimmy Smith as their most underrated player.
Prisco wrote of Rice, “Is he really a star runner anymore? I know he can still be an effective player, especially in the passing game, but I want to see more. So do the Ravens.”
Former Raven players also made the list: Dannell Ellerbe was listed as the most overrated Dolphin, Paul Kruger the most overrated Brown, Michael Oher the most overrated Titan and Cory Redding the most underrated Colt.
Prisco also ranked—of note—Tony Romo the most underrated Cowboy, Wes Welker the most overrated Bronco, Julius Pepper the most overrated Packer, and Darren McFadden the most overrated Raider.
Read the full list here.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Jeff Blake Said He Would Take Some Air Out Of The Footballs He Used
- Travis Thomas: Top Ten Greatest Super Bowls For Millennials Of All Time
- Report: Warrant Issued For Ravens’ FS Will Hill’s Arrest
- Anti-Abuse Super Bowl Commercial Stirs Controversy Before It Airs
- Marty Hurney Says We Are Missing The Point On Deflate Gate