Store Employee Arrested for Making False Robbery Report, Hiding Money In Ceiling
Get Breaking News First
BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ) — Anne Arundel County Police say a store clerk stole money from his employer, hid it in the store’s ceiling, and then called police, claiming the store had been robbed.
Anne Arundel County officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at the Metro PCS store in Brooklyn Park just before noon Monday.
Bhaumin Vyas, 26, told the officers two suspects entered business, displayed a gun and announced a robbery then fled the scene with property from the business.
An officer noticed Vyas with a ladder while responding to the scene, and after further inspection of the business, officers found the “stolen” money hidden in the ceiling.
Vyas, 26, later admitted to detectives he made a false report to conceal the theft that he committed.
He was arrested and charged with false report and theft over $500.
Other Local News:
- Suspect Arrested After 2nd Robbery Attempt In Federal Hill This Week
- Report: Manny Machado To Undergo Season-Ending Knee Surgery
- Police Search For 2 Missing Elkton Teens Last Seen Getting Into Dark Colored Car
- Anne Arundel County F.O.P. Supports Ferguson Officer With Donation
- Social Worker Who Counsels Teens Faces Child Porn Charges