BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ) — Anne Arundel County Police say a store clerk stole money from his employer, hid it in the store’s ceiling, and then called police, claiming the store had been robbed.
Anne Arundel County officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at the Metro PCS store in Brooklyn Park just before noon Monday.
Bhaumin Vyas, 26, told the officers two suspects entered business, displayed a gun and announced a robbery then fled the scene with property from the business.
An officer noticed Vyas with a ladder while responding to the scene, and after further inspection of the business, officers found the “stolen” money hidden in the ceiling.
Vyas, 26, later admitted to detectives he made a false report to conceal the theft that he committed.
He was arrested and charged with false report and theft over $500.
Other Local News:
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured In Shooting At High Point High School In Beltsville
- Students Receive ‘Teachers for Tomorrow’ Scholarships In Howard County
- Elderly Couple Followed Into Baltimore Home, Robbed At Gunpoint
- FDA To Ban E-Cigarettes Sales To Teens Under 18
- Police: Man Exposed Himself to High School Student