Name The Maryland Zoo’s New Bald Eagle!
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — In a few weeks, The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore will debut a new addition — a female bald eagle.
After living at the National Aviary in Pittsburgh for the past few years, the eagle has landed here in Maryland!
Once the mandatory quarantine period has ended and the veterinarians have given her a clean bill of health, the almost 5-year-old will make her home in the Polar Bear Watch section of the zoo.
Zoo keepers selected Scout, Sioux, Migisi, Annie and Vega as potential names for the eagles once she is out of quarantine.
Click here to vote for your favorite name.
Voting will end on Monday, July 14. The winning name will be announced later in July when the eagle makes her public debut.
Other Local News:
- Autopsy Set For Body Pulled From Inner Harbor
- Man Wielding Knife Attempts To Rob Hanover Convenience Store
- Ocean City Considers House Rental Restrictions Amid Complaints
- Eastern Shore Man Wanted For Assault, False Imprisonment, Sex Offense, Theft
- 17-Year-Old Boy Faces Child Porn Charges After Posting Explicit Pictures On Instagram