BALTIMORE (WJZ) — In a few weeks, The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore will debut a new addition — a female bald eagle.
After living at the National Aviary in Pittsburgh for the past few years, the eagle has landed here in Maryland!
Once the mandatory quarantine period has ended and the veterinarians have given her a clean bill of health, the almost 5-year-old will make her home in the Polar Bear Watch section of the zoo.
Zoo keepers selected Scout, Sioux, Migisi, Annie and Vega as potential names for the eagles once she is out of quarantine.
Click here to vote for your favorite name.
Voting will end on Monday, July 14. The winning name will be announced later in July when the eagle makes her public debut.
Other Local News:
- Light, Music And Innovation Await Light City Visitors In Final Days
- Howard Co. Program Provides Funding For Low-Income Families To Afford Youth Sports
- Cal Ripken Jr.’s $12.5M Estate Up For Auction
- Gov. Hogan Calls For New Highway Contract
- Apparent Assault At Md. High School Leads To Disciplinary Actions