Baltimore Man Arrested After Leaving 2-Year-Old Daughter Alone In Car
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (WJZ) — A Baltimore man is arrested after leaving his two-year-old daughter alone in a hot car.
Police say temperatures in the vehicle reached 120 degrees.
A person walking through the parking lot of a Marshalls store in Suffolk County, New York first heard the child crying.
Officers were called to the scene, where they broke the car window and removed the child from the vehicle.
The girl’s father was arrested ten minutes later when he returned to the vehicle.
Melvin Marroquin is charged with endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment.
The child was taken to an area hospital for evaluation and will be released to her mother.
A notification has been made to Child Protective Services.
Other Local News:
- 8 Officers & 6 Detainees Injured In Baltimore Incident
- Live TV Killings Sparking New Calls For Gun Control Reform
- Baltimore Police Cancel Leave For Officers During Freddie Gray Hearings
- State Looking Into O’Malley’s Discount Purchase Of Furniture
- Ride Operator Found Dead In Trailer At Maryland State Fair