HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (WJZ) — A Baltimore man is arrested after leaving his two-year-old daughter alone in a hot car.
Police say temperatures in the vehicle reached 120 degrees.
A person walking through the parking lot of a Marshalls store in Suffolk County, New York first heard the child crying.
Officers were called to the scene, where they broke the car window and removed the child from the vehicle.
The girl’s father was arrested ten minutes later when he returned to the vehicle.
Melvin Marroquin is charged with endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment.
The child was taken to an area hospital for evaluation and will be released to her mother.
A notification has been made to Child Protective Services.
Other Local News:
- Speed Cameras Returning To Baltimore City Streets
- With Beach Fitness Class, ‘Pay Your Dues Before You Booze’
- Howard Co. Gov. Website Hacked With Pro-ISIS Message: ‘I Love Islamic State’
- Hogan Seeks Investigation Of Prince George’s County Schools
- Pilot Killed In Ultralight Aircraft Crash After Hitting Power Line