HUNTINGTON, N.Y. (WJZ) — A Baltimore man is arrested after leaving his two-year-old daughter alone in a hot car.
Police say temperatures in the vehicle reached 120 degrees.
A person walking through the parking lot of a Marshalls store in Suffolk County, New York first heard the child crying.
Officers were called to the scene, where they broke the car window and removed the child from the vehicle.
The girl’s father was arrested ten minutes later when he returned to the vehicle.
Melvin Marroquin is charged with endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment.
The child was taken to an area hospital for evaluation and will be released to her mother.
A notification has been made to Child Protective Services.
Other Local News:
- Police Corruption Trial Over, But Investigators Keep Digging
- New Residences At Four Seasons In Harbor East Takes Luxury To New Heights
- Baltimore City Council Moves Forward With Bill Limiting Crude Oil Expansion
- Baltimore Councilman Says ‘100 Percent’ Hanover Street Bridge Is Dangerous
- Baltimore Black Restaurant Week Gaining Notoriety; Discounts, Specials Available