ABINGDON, Md. (WJZ)– An Edgewood man was arrested moments after he robbed a 7-Eleven in Abingdon.
Deputies responded to the 3900-block of Pulaski Highway just before 9 p.m. Saturday for a report of an armed robbery at the 7-Eleven convenience store.
A man entered the store, displayed a hand gun and demanded cash from the register. The store employee handed over an undisclosed amount of cash and the suspect fled the store.
Witnesses were able to provide deputies with valuable information that led to the apprehension and arrest of the52-year-old Charles C. Davis only moments later.
Davis is currently being held on no bail at the Harford County Detention Center.
Meanwhile, detectives are investigating another commercial armed robbery in Jarrettsville.
Witnesses say a man entered the Subway restaurant in the 1100-block of Baldwin Mill Road just before 9 a.m. Monday, presented a knife and demanded money.
No injuries were reported.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division at 410-836-5442.
Other Local News:
- Congressman Elijah Cummings To March For Youth Fund
- New State Audit Finds Baltimore City Community College Mismanaged Resources
- Baltimore Police Monitoring Team To Look For Community Input At Public Forums
- Baltimore Police Official Named Chief Of A Florida Police Force
- ‘You’re Killing Our Citizens’; WJZ Is There As Elite Task Force Takes Down Suspected Drug Dealer