I wonder if Chris Weidman is ever going to get the respect that comes with a championship belt in the UFC?
After knocking out Anderson Silva to capture the middleweight belt, he snaps Silva’s shin in the rematch and now wins against Lyoto Machida in a title defense. Yet the bigger story this morning was Rhonda Rousey’s 16-second knockout of Alexis Davis? While she is incredibly dominant I just can’t get as excited by her wins because the talent pool just isn’t as deep in the female ranks.
Ahhhh maybe I just feel like Weidman is getting ignored and I’m taking it out on Rhonda. Either way, I just see a very good champion being slighted again and again because he followed perhaps the greatest of all time. Does Larry Holmes ring a bell?
Latest Sports Stories:
- Garceau: I’m Ready For Some Ravens-Pats Prime Time
- NFL Picks Week 14: Giants End Cowboys’ Streak And Chiefs Seize Control Of AFC West
- CBS Sports’ Tracy Wolfson Talks Steelers-Bills, Le’Veon Bell
- Boomer Between The Games: Week 14 Preview With Bart Scott
- Special Teams Could Play Big Role For Patriots vs. Ravens