I wonder if Chris Weidman is ever going to get the respect that comes with a championship belt in the UFC?
After knocking out Anderson Silva to capture the middleweight belt, he snaps Silva’s shin in the rematch and now wins against Lyoto Machida in a title defense. Yet the bigger story this morning was Rhonda Rousey’s 16-second knockout of Alexis Davis? While she is incredibly dominant I just can’t get as excited by her wins because the talent pool just isn’t as deep in the female ranks.
Ahhhh maybe I just feel like Weidman is getting ignored and I’m taking it out on Rhonda. Either way, I just see a very good champion being slighted again and again because he followed perhaps the greatest of all time. Does Larry Holmes ring a bell?
Latest Sports Stories:
- Freshmen Lead 10th-Seeded Oregon To 77-63 Upset Of Maryland
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Keidel: Kaepernick Will Play In NFL This Season
- 30 Players: Lewis Brinson May Force His Way Onto Brewers In 2017
- Garceau: Spike Lee Goes Kap-Fishing