I wonder if Chris Weidman is ever going to get the respect that comes with a championship belt in the UFC?
After knocking out Anderson Silva to capture the middleweight belt, he snaps Silva’s shin in the rematch and now wins against Lyoto Machida in a title defense. Yet the bigger story this morning was Rhonda Rousey’s 16-second knockout of Alexis Davis? While she is incredibly dominant I just can’t get as excited by her wins because the talent pool just isn’t as deep in the female ranks.
Ahhhh maybe I just feel like Weidman is getting ignored and I’m taking it out on Rhonda. Either way, I just see a very good champion being slighted again and again because he followed perhaps the greatest of all time. Does Larry Holmes ring a bell?
Latest Sports Stories:
- Flacco To Miss 3-6 Weeks Due To Back Injury
- Swim Across America Baltimore
- Michael Phelps Defends Shark Week ‘Race’ Against Critics
- Longoria, Souza Homer In Rays’ 5-1 Win Over Orioles
- Ian Baker-Finch On RBC Canadian Open: ‘Have To Drive Ball And Get It In Play’