Mark Mason, York Revolution Manager, talks with Scott and Jeremy about what exactly the Atlantic League is and there players.
The York Revolution is an independent league and part of the Atlantic League. The league is a more experienced and developmental league. The league has a lot of Triple-A players and professional players as well. A lot of these players have played professionally. This league is pretty much to just help players get back to where they were and hopefully get signed. The average salary for these players in this league is about $2000. It is more about the opportunity. This league is serious and for serious players only. The season runs 140 games and they are just hitting there halfway point.
Julio DePaula, who was brought up to the Orioles to help the bullpen and then sent back down without seeing action, played in this league last year. He had some pretty dominant and good stuff last year but this year his velocity is up and is throwing good sliders/sinkers.
Some more players that have a chance to get that call are outfielder Justin Greene and short stop Wilson Valdez.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles Sign RHP Logan Ondrusek To Major League Contract
- The Baltimore Orioles Win ‘Best Cap’ In MLB
- Listen Live: Baltimore Orioles at Toronto Blue Jays [Live Audio] MLB
- Jimenez Strong, Bullpen Slips In Orioles’ 6-2 Loss To Twins
- The Norris & Davis Show Best Of – Week Of July 30th