Mark Mason, York Revolution Manager, talks with Scott and Jeremy about what exactly the Atlantic League is and there players.
The York Revolution is an independent league and part of the Atlantic League. The league is a more experienced and developmental league. The league has a lot of Triple-A players and professional players as well. A lot of these players have played professionally. This league is pretty much to just help players get back to where they were and hopefully get signed. The average salary for these players in this league is about $2000. It is more about the opportunity. This league is serious and for serious players only. The season runs 140 games and they are just hitting there halfway point.
Julio DePaula, who was brought up to the Orioles to help the bullpen and then sent back down without seeing action, played in this league last year. He had some pretty dominant and good stuff last year but this year his velocity is up and is throwing good sliders/sinkers.
Some more players that have a chance to get that call are outfielder Justin Greene and short stop Wilson Valdez.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Duquette ‘Sick Of Hearing’ Bad Pre-Season Predictions About Orioles
- The Norris & Long Show Best Of – Week Of December 10th
- Bautista Will Not Join Baltimore Orioles Because Fans Don’t Want Him
- Johns Hopkins Study Puts New Spin On Baseball Batting Stats
- Orioles Rumors: Dan Duquette Talks Possible Signings, Trumbo Deal, RP Trades