BALTIMORE (WJZ)–The Baltimore Police Department has arrested and charged a man wanted for a non-fatal shooting in East Baltimore.
William Lomax, 40, was taken into custody on the Fourth of July in connection to a shooting that took place the day before in the 700-block of E. 21st Street.
The 21-year old male victim was shot in the arm. After being treated for his injuries at an area hospital, he was later released.
Working with members of the community, Eastern District Detectives were able to identify Lomax as the person responsible for the shooting and obtained an arrest warrant.
He is charged with attempted murder, assault and handgun charges.
Lomax is being held without bail.
Other Local News:
- Md. Attorney General Signs Off On Giant, Food Lion Merger
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- Restaurant That Served Driver Who Killed Noah Leotta Forfeits License
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Police: Man Found Shot in Head on Patapsco Ave. ‘Critical’