BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A woman is charged with murder in the beating death of her 21-month-old son.
Officers conducting a traffic stop in the 5800-block of Reisterstown Road first heard a woman screaming about her baby.
Officers say 19-year-old Cierra Curtis then ran toward them from a hotel, stating: “I swear I’m not a bad mother. My baby’s not breathing.”
They found 1-year-old Jayden Curtis cold and unresponsive.
The toddler was taken to an area hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide by multiple injuries from blunt force trauma.
Investigators were then able to identify Curtis as the suspect responsible for the fatal beating.
Other Local News:
- Judges Ask Lawmakers For Help On Psychiatric Bed Shortage
- Could Self-Driving Cars Be Coming To Maryland Soon?
- Randallstown ‘Boys In The Good’ Learn Valuable Life Lessons
- Youth Anti-Violence Program Coming To Baltimore
- ‘I Wish I Could Trade Places With Her’: Family Of Woman, Child Killed In Fire Speaks To WJZ