BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A woman is charged with murder in the beating death of her 21-month-old son.
Officers conducting a traffic stop in the 5800-block of Reisterstown Road first heard a woman screaming about her baby.
Officers say 19-year-old Cierra Curtis then ran toward them from a hotel, stating: “I swear I’m not a bad mother. My baby’s not breathing.”
They found 1-year-old Jayden Curtis cold and unresponsive.
The toddler was taken to an area hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide by multiple injuries from blunt force trauma.
Investigators were then able to identify Curtis as the suspect responsible for the fatal beating.
Other Local News:
- Elderly Man Reunites With Coast Guard Members Who Saved His Life
- Attacker Rams Van Into Barcelona Crowd, 13 Dead And 100 Hurt
- Baltimore’s Confederate Statues Under Tarps, Police Guard On City Lot
- Authorities Identify Human Remains Of Girl Found In Maryland
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Consider Charlottesville Event Act Of Terrorism