BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A woman is charged with murder in the beating death of her 21-month-old son.
Officers conducting a traffic stop in the 5800-block of Reisterstown Road first heard a woman screaming about her baby.
Officers say 19-year-old Cierra Curtis then ran toward them from a hotel, stating: “I swear I’m not a bad mother. My baby’s not breathing.”
They found 1-year-old Jayden Curtis cold and unresponsive.
The toddler was taken to an area hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide by multiple injuries from blunt force trauma.
Investigators were then able to identify Curtis as the suspect responsible for the fatal beating.
Other Local News:
- Hundreds Gather For Women’s Rally in Annapolis
- Passenger: Police Fired ‘Fatal Shots’ At Car That Caused Security Scare At NSA
- Baltimore Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City By USA Today
- Md. Lawmakers Push Bill To Regulate Prescription Drugs Prices
- Huge Amount Of Debris Washes Into Susquehanna After Rain, Snow Melt