Woman Charged In Fatal Beating Of 21-Month-Old Son
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A woman is charged with murder in the beating death of her 21-month-old son.
Officers conducting a traffic stop in the 5800-block of Reisterstown Road first heard a woman screaming about her baby.
Officers say 19-year-old Cierra Curtis then ran toward them from a hotel, stating: “I swear I’m not a bad mother. My baby’s not breathing.”
They found 1-year-old Jayden Curtis cold and unresponsive.
The toddler was taken to an area hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide by multiple injuries from blunt force trauma.
Investigators were then able to identify Curtis as the suspect responsible for the fatal beating.
Other Local News:
- Waterfront Mansion Goes Up In Flames In AACo.
- 2 Teens Rescued From Water In Harford County
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Conflict Of Interest? Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Once Defended Gray In Court
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’