Marty Bass Takes A Look Back At Don Scott’s Long & Successful Career At WJZ
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Marty Bass and Don Scott have had a television partnership for decades. As Don prepares for retirement after 40 years at WJZ, Marty shares his fondest memories.
On July 7, 1974, Don walked up the steps of Television Hill, joining the Eyewitness News team as a weekend anchor and general assignment reporter.
He came to Baltimore from WLWD-TV in Dayton, Ohio. And in 1984, he joined Marty as co-anchor of the WJZ Morning Edition.
Each morning, Don handled it all–in the good times and the bad.
In 1987, Don expanded his duties, becoming co-anchor of WJZ Eyewitness News at noon.
Many may remember Don without the beard, when the beard came back, when it went away and when it came back with some gray.
For 40 years, Don kept Baltimore smiling and giving you the information you need to start your day –from breaking news to hurricanes to the snow shows.
When he’s not on the set, you will see him throughout the community.
He’s even appeared in a movie or two, and even in an opera production.
But it’s hitting the right notes every morning that’s made Don a member of our family and yours for 40 years.
Don’s Final Words
Other Local News:
- Molly Shattuck Will Not Face Additional Charges In Baltimore County
- Travelers, Be Wary Of Scammers At The Pump This Labor Day Weekend
- 10-Year-Old Latest Victim Of Bloody Summer For Baltimore Youth
- 2 Dulaney High School Students Shot By Pellet Gun Running Cross Country
- Mistrial Declared For Man Accused Of Shooting Off-Duty Officer