WEATHER BLOG: Sun And Clouds
High pressure continues to slide eastward this afternoon and evening, with a blend of sun and clouds across the region allowing for a few spotty clouds and pop-up thunderstorms, which will wane leading to a dry overnight. The next couple of days will be influenced by a series of cold fronts sweeping eastward into early next week. Thunderstorms that spring up ahead of these cold fronts will be moving into a very moist and unstable air mass. The instability in conjunction with ample surface moisture will allow for afternoon thunderstorms to bring torrential downpours, large hail and damaging wind gusts.
The threat for severe weather will spill over into Tuesday as the fronts continue to progress eastward. High pressure will build in as the last front pushes off shore, dropping dew points and clearing things out on Wednesday. Thursday is shaping up to be a nice days as sunshine returns with high temps coming in around 10 degrees below average for mid-July.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigate After Video Appears To Show Officer Spitting On Man In Handcuffs
- More Than 700 Marijuana Plants Seized In Kent County
- All Statements By 2 Officers In Freddie Gray Trial Admissable
- Montgomery County Officer Continues Push To Adopt Former K9 Partner
- Martin O’Malley Prepares To Take The Stage In Dem. Debate Tuesday