WEATHER BLOG: Sun And Clouds
High pressure continues to slide eastward this afternoon and evening, with a blend of sun and clouds across the region allowing for a few spotty clouds and pop-up thunderstorms, which will wane leading to a dry overnight. The next couple of days will be influenced by a series of cold fronts sweeping eastward into early next week. Thunderstorms that spring up ahead of these cold fronts will be moving into a very moist and unstable air mass. The instability in conjunction with ample surface moisture will allow for afternoon thunderstorms to bring torrential downpours, large hail and damaging wind gusts.
The threat for severe weather will spill over into Tuesday as the fronts continue to progress eastward. High pressure will build in as the last front pushes off shore, dropping dew points and clearing things out on Wednesday. Thursday is shaping up to be a nice days as sunshine returns with high temps coming in around 10 degrees below average for mid-July.
Other Local News:
- 2 Baltimore County Firefighters Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- Metro Releases New Safety Videos In Wake Of Fatal Smoke Incident
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, Reports To Baltimore Halfway House
- Former Md. Platoon Mate Glad Bergdahl Charged With Military Crimes
- Powdered Alcohol Stirring Up Controversy In Md.