KENT COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A fire blazed through a home in Rock Hall early Monday morning, killing one woman and injuring another.
Nearly 50 firefighters from Rock Hall, Galena and Chestertown Volunteer Fire Departments brought the fire under control around 3:55 a.m.
An investigation revealed that Hester Louise Wright, 85, was unable to escape the blaze when her daughter was trying to help her out. The second floor collapsed over Wright, killing her.
The Office of the Cheif Medical Examiner is determining the cause of death.
Wright’s daughter received minor burns and was treated at Kent County General Hospital.
There is an estimated $120,000 in damage. The origin and cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Police Arrest 1 In College Park Shooting; Still Seek 2nd Suspect
- ‘All Clear’ Given At Howard U Campus After Report Of Active Shooter
- Inmates Charged With Murder After Guard Killed In Prison Uprising
- Senator Booker Endorses Ben Jealous For Maryland Governor
- As State’s Casinos Compete, Maryland Live! Places Final Beam Of Attached Hotel