KENT COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A fire blazed through a home in Rock Hall early Monday morning, killing one woman and injuring another.
Nearly 50 firefighters from Rock Hall, Galena and Chestertown Volunteer Fire Departments brought the fire under control around 3:55 a.m.
An investigation revealed that Hester Louise Wright, 85, was unable to escape the blaze when her daughter was trying to help her out. The second floor collapsed over Wright, killing her.
The Office of the Cheif Medical Examiner is determining the cause of death.
Wright’s daughter received minor burns and was treated at Kent County General Hospital.
There is an estimated $120,000 in damage. The origin and cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Suspect In Custody After Neighbor Reportedly Hears Loud Sound, Bomb Squad Investigating
- Community Comes Together To Support Bartender Shot On Christmas Day
- ‘This Generation’s Tobacco Product’: New Ad Campaign Challenges Sugary Drinks
- Baltimore Tattoo Museum Raises Over $12K For BARCS With “Tats For Tails”
- Authorities Searching For Man Who Walked Away From House Arrest