Fire Rips Through Kent County Home, Killing 85-Year-Old Woman
KENT COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A fire blazed through a home in Rock Hall early Monday morning, killing one woman and injuring another.
Nearly 50 firefighters from Rock Hall, Galena and Chestertown Volunteer Fire Departments brought the fire under control around 3:55 a.m.
An investigation revealed that Hester Louise Wright, 85, was unable to escape the blaze when her daughter was trying to help her out. The second floor collapsed over Wright, killing her.
The Office of the Cheif Medical Examiner is determining the cause of death.
Wright’s daughter received minor burns and was treated at Kent County General Hospital.
There is an estimated $120,000 in damage. The origin and cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Traffic Stop Escalates In Parking Lot Of Baltimore City School
- Prince George’s Co. Officer Who Died In Crash Was Driving While Impaired
- Cosby Supporters Butt Heads With Protestors At The Lyric
- Charges Filed Against Comets Player Accused Of Headbutting Blast’s Pat Healey
- Slain Maryland Toddler’s Mom Pleads Guilty To Ohio Charges