KENT COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A fire blazed through a home in Rock Hall early Monday morning, killing one woman and injuring another.
Nearly 50 firefighters from Rock Hall, Galena and Chestertown Volunteer Fire Departments brought the fire under control around 3:55 a.m.
An investigation revealed that Hester Louise Wright, 85, was unable to escape the blaze when her daughter was trying to help her out. The second floor collapsed over Wright, killing her.
The Office of the Cheif Medical Examiner is determining the cause of death.
Wright’s daughter received minor burns and was treated at Kent County General Hospital.
There is an estimated $120,000 in damage. The origin and cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Hampden Community Holds Vigil for New York Man Killed by Baltimore Man
- BPD ID’d Officer Who Shot & Killed Man; Held 2 Toddlers at Knife-point
- Orioles Season Ticket-Holders Get First Dibs at Seats at Tag Day
- DuPont Family Trust Lawsuit Moved from Maryland to Delaware
- Women’s History Month Rally Held In Annapolis