Baltimore Born Palestinian-American Returns To U.S.
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Palestinian teen born in Baltimore who was beaten during clashes in Israel has arrived back on U.S. soil.
Tariq Abu Kdeir, 15, stepped off the plane in Tampa, Fla., shortly before 11 p.m. Wednesday.
The teen was allegedly beaten by Israeli Police earlier this month in an attack caught on camera.
Israeli officials say the officer responsible has been suspended.
Meanwhile in the Gaza Strip, Israel has agreed to temporarily hold its fire long enough for Palestinians to restock food and water. The humanitarian agreement comes after an Israeli attack on a Gaza beach killed four Palestinian boys.
The Israeli military says it was targeting Hamas militants, not civilians.
More than 200 Palestinians have died in nine days of fighting. One Israeli has been killed.
Other Local News:
- Howard County Firefighters Battle Barn Blaze
- Mayor Rawlings-Blake Announces Report On Immigrants
- Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh Defends Ray Rice Handling
- New Technology May Help Stop Smartphone Thefts
- Historic Baltimore Church Celebrates 190th Anniversary