JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company was called to an electrical hazard at Harford Industrial Minerals.
Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters arrived at 40 Fort Hoyle Road where they found smoke coming from a control room three stories high.
Firefighters determined that the blaze was electrically fueled, so personnel were evacuated and Baltimore Gas Electric was called.
The fire was extinguished once BGE de-energized power to the structure.
Authorities say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.
No injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- ‘The Wire’ Star Makes Documentary ‘Baltimore Rising’
- Autopsy Helps Lead Police To ‘Additional, Significant Evidence’ About Detective’s Murder
- Arrests After Teen Allegedly Throws Bleach At Officer Trying To Break Up Kerfuffle
- Training Helps Teach Md. Police, Those With Special Needs How To Interact
- Woman Charged With Making False Report About Attempted Carjacking In Towson