JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company was called to an electrical hazard at Harford Industrial Minerals.
Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters arrived at 40 Fort Hoyle Road where they found smoke coming from a control room three stories high.
Firefighters determined that the blaze was electrically fueled, so personnel were evacuated and Baltimore Gas Electric was called.
The fire was extinguished once BGE de-energized power to the structure.
Authorities say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.
No injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Family Files Lawsuit For Baltimore Co. Man Who Died After Encounter With Police
- Man Freed After Nearly 14 Years In Prison; Falsely Accused Of Murder
- 149 Killed As 7.1 Magnitude Quake Fells Buildings In Mexico
- Maryland Lobbyist Charged With Bribery In Liquor Board Case
- Marylanders Prepared To Help Caribbean Again With Maria Looming