JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company was called to an electrical hazard at Harford Industrial Minerals.
Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters arrived at 40 Fort Hoyle Road where they found smoke coming from a control room three stories high.
Firefighters determined that the blaze was electrically fueled, so personnel were evacuated and Baltimore Gas Electric was called.
The fire was extinguished once BGE de-energized power to the structure.
Authorities say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.
No injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Federal Judge Tosses Out Life Sentences For DC Sniper Malvo
- NOAA’s New Satellite May Predict Severe Weather A Lot Sooner
- U.S. Naval Academy Midshipmen Class Of 2017 Graduates
- Md. State Police Make Arrest After Body Of Missing Uber Driver Found In NC
- Memorial Day Weekend Kicks Off Ocean City’s Busy Summer Season!