JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company was called to an electrical hazard at Harford Industrial Minerals.
Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters arrived at 40 Fort Hoyle Road where they found smoke coming from a control room three stories high.
Firefighters determined that the blaze was electrically fueled, so personnel were evacuated and Baltimore Gas Electric was called.
The fire was extinguished once BGE de-energized power to the structure.
Authorities say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.
No injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Man Injured In Tornado Credits Late Wife With Helping Him Get Out Alive
- Wrong Way Crash Kills 2 On Route 50 In Annapolis
- NTSB: Nearly As Many Die In Speed Related Crashes As Alcohol Related Crashes
- Officials Unveil Flood Protection Plans Near Anniversary Of Ellicott City Flood
- 1 Person Pistol Whipped; 6 Arrested In Resort Robbery