Electrical Malfunction Causes Fire At Harford Industrial Minerals
Get Breaking News First
JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company was called to an electrical hazard at Harford Industrial Minerals.
Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters arrived at 40 Fort Hoyle Road where they found smoke coming from a control room three stories high.
Firefighters determined that the blaze was electrically fueled, so personnel were evacuated and Baltimore Gas Electric was called.
The fire was extinguished once BGE de-energized power to the structure.
Authorities say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.
No injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Pro- And Anti-Israel Rallies Held In Baltimore Wednesday
- Body Found In Dundalk Area Identified As Missing Baltimore County Woman
- N.J. Detective Acquitted In Maryland Road Rage Fatal Shooting
- City Students Compete In Robotics Competition
- Candidate Discusses Secessionist Controversy: ‘I Am An Anti-Racist’