Electrical Malfunction Causes Fire At Harford Industrial Minerals
Get Breaking News First
JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company was called to an electrical hazard at Harford Industrial Minerals.
Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters arrived at 40 Fort Hoyle Road where they found smoke coming from a control room three stories high.
Firefighters determined that the blaze was electrically fueled, so personnel were evacuated and Baltimore Gas Electric was called.
The fire was extinguished once BGE de-energized power to the structure.
Authorities say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.
No injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Heading To Iraq: Baltimore Man Reacts To Death Of His Slain Friend, James Foley
- Police: Gunman Kills Estranged Wife’s Boyfriend, Attempts Suicide In Laurel
- Maryland To Share $75M In Bank Of America Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- Hopkins Scientists Plan To Study Mercury Until Messenger Spacecraft Crashes
- Man Hits Pedestrian, 3 Cars In Baltimore