MONTGOMERY (WJZ)— Montgomery County Police arrested juvenile suspects for strongarm robbery.
Shortly after midnight on July 4th, three juvenile suspects approached the victim in front of Wheaton High School and asked to see his phone.
Police say the victim walked away from the scene, but the three suspects continued to punch him and take his cell phone and wallet from his pockets.
Police say the victim was only able to identify one of the suspects. That suspect was later located and arrested at his residence on July 10.
The suspect confessed to punching and victim and told the police who the other two suspects were and that they stole the victim’s property.
One of the other suspects was also located and arrested at his residence on July 10 and the last suspect was arrested at his residence on July 11.
Two suspects stated that the victim’s property was thrown down a nearby sewer drain.
No property was recovered.
One suspect was detained and sent to the Noyes Children’s Center, while the other two suspects were released to their parents.
Other Local News:
- Outpouring Of Support For Sen. John McCain Following Cancer Diagnosis
- TSA: Man At Airport Said He Forgot About Loaded Gun In Bag
- Heat Advisory, Code Red Air Quality Alert In Effect Today
- Neighbor: ‘Don’t Have A Lot Of Trust In Police’ After Officer Accused Of Planting Drugs
- State Launches Pilot Program For Digital Driver’s License