GLEN BURNIE (WJZ)— Officers from the Northern District have cited an Owings man for leaving his dog unattended in a vehicle.
Officers were called to the 7500-block of Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie on Tuesday afternoon at approximately 1:15 p.m. when a citizen noticed a dog was unattended in a pickup truck.
The officers say that one of the truck’s windows was cracked open, but there was no available water for the dog.
Authorities say the temperature was 90 degrees and the dog, a 7-year-old Scot-Terrier mix, was in distress.
The officers were able to break into the vehicle and retrieve the dog.
Around 1:50 p.m., the dog’s owner–who has been identified as 54-year-old James Humphries–returned to the truck and was cited.
The dog was evaluated by Animal Control and did not require any medical attention.
The dog was returned to Humphries.
Other Local News:
- New Trial Granted For Adnan Syed, Subject Of ‘Serial’ Podcast
- Fans Of Slain Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’ Remember Him Through Music
- All Clear At Joint Base Andrews After ‘Miscommunication’ Over Active Shooter
- Complaint Filed Against Mosby Calls Her ‘A Runaway Prosecutor’
- Ocean City Police Rescue Small Kitten From Rt. 90 Bridge