Baltimore Police Charge Man With Murder For Filmed Shooting Death
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Baltimore City Police arrested and charged a man with murder for a shooting death that was caught on film.
Police say 30-year-old Mark-Anthony Sandang Ramiro shot and killed 28-year-old Darnell Mitchell on Wednesday afternoon at 2208 Cedley Street.
The incident was filmed.
Mitchell, who was wearing a ballistic vest, was shot one time above the vest. He managed to walk to an area hospital, where despite medical efforts he was pronounced dead at 4:07 p.m.
Ramiro is charged with murder and handgun violations. He is being held at the Baltimore City Central Booking and Intake Facility.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigate After Video Appears To Show Officer Spitting On Man In Handcuffs
- More Than 700 Marijuana Plants Seized In Kent County
- All Statements By 2 Officers In Freddie Gray Trial Admissable
- Montgomery County Officer Continues Push To Adopt Former K9 Partner
- Martin O’Malley Prepares To Take The Stage In Dem. Debate Tuesday