Baltimore Police Charge Man With Murder For Filmed Shooting Death
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Baltimore City Police arrested and charged a man with murder for a shooting death that was caught on film.
Police say 30-year-old Mark-Anthony Sandang Ramiro shot and killed 28-year-old Darnell Mitchell on Wednesday afternoon at 2208 Cedley Street.
The incident was filmed.
Mitchell, who was wearing a ballistic vest, was shot one time above the vest. He managed to walk to an area hospital, where despite medical efforts he was pronounced dead at 4:07 p.m.
Ramiro is charged with murder and handgun violations. He is being held at the Baltimore City Central Booking and Intake Facility.
Other Local News:
- New Documents Show Cyber Hackers Struck Baltimore Days After Riots
- Man Crabbing Drowns After Falling Off Boat In Anne Arundel County
- Uncertainty Among Family Members As Baltimore City Jail Closure Underway
- 45 Homicides In July Becomes Baltimore’s Deadliest Since 1972
- Which City Worker Is Making Top Dollar In Baltimore?