Baltimore Police Charge Man With Murder For Filmed Shooting Death
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Baltimore City Police arrested and charged a man with murder for a shooting death that was caught on film.
Police say 30-year-old Mark-Anthony Sandang Ramiro shot and killed 28-year-old Darnell Mitchell on Wednesday afternoon at 2208 Cedley Street.
The incident was filmed.
Mitchell, who was wearing a ballistic vest, was shot one time above the vest. He managed to walk to an area hospital, where despite medical efforts he was pronounced dead at 4:07 p.m.
Ramiro is charged with murder and handgun violations. He is being held at the Baltimore City Central Booking and Intake Facility.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident Under Investigation In Harford County
- FAA Tackles Growing Drone Problem With New App
- Former Police Commissioner Examines Baltimore Unrest In Panel Discussion
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents