HarborView Towers Unveil Beacon Light Show
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A beacon of light. Starting Tuesday, there’s a new icon on Baltimore’s skyline. The HarborView Towers, a 24-year-old condo complex, unveiled a brand new light show for all of downtown to enjoy.
Christie Ileto has more on what it’s all about.
The light show premiered Tuesday evening.
“The lights are absolutely gorgeous. The lighting is nice. It’s definitely a special touch for the building,” said HarborView Towers resident Claire Sanses.
Officials say the lights will be visible across the city and from I-95.
They plan to have special shows for New Year’s, Valentine’s, St. Patrick Day, Earth Day, the Fourth of July, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Halloween, Hanukkah and Christmas. There will also be special ones when the Ravens and Orioles win and one that’s Maryland themed.
“We’ve gone through a lot of exterior renovations and we had the beacon retrofitted with LED lighting,” said HarborView Towers General Manager Joycelynn Peoples, who added that this means they can add colors.
Organizers say the light show will be similar to the show at the Empire State Building in New York City.
Other Local News:
- FBI Searching For Masked Men Behind Series Of Robberies In Canton
- Holiday Cheer Has Arrived In And Around Charm City
- Dislodged Boom Strikes Overpass, Snarling Traffic On I-695 Outer Loop
- 68 Marijuana Plants Recovered In Northwest Baltimore City
- Md. Army Reservists Deploying To West Africa To Assist In Ebola Efforts