BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A beacon of light. Starting Tuesday, there’s a new icon on Baltimore’s skyline. The HarborView Towers, a 24-year-old condo complex, unveiled a brand new light show for all of downtown to enjoy.
Christie Ileto has more on what it’s all about.
The light show premiered Tuesday evening.
“The lights are absolutely gorgeous. The lighting is nice. It’s definitely a special touch for the building,” said HarborView Towers resident Claire Sanses.
Officials say the lights will be visible across the city and from I-95.
They plan to have special shows for New Year’s, Valentine’s, St. Patrick Day, Earth Day, the Fourth of July, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Halloween, Hanukkah and Christmas. There will also be special ones when the Ravens and Orioles win and one that’s Maryland themed.
“We’ve gone through a lot of exterior renovations and we had the beacon retrofitted with LED lighting,” said HarborView Towers General Manager Joycelynn Peoples, who added that this means they can add colors.
Organizers say the light show will be similar to the show at the Empire State Building in New York City.
Other Local News:
- Hurricane Maria Now Cat. 1, Tropical Storm Warnings Issued For NC Coast
- NFL Players Protest National Anthem During Sunday Games Following President’s Comments
- Lewis Scores 3 TDs As Jaguars Beat Ravens In London 44-7
- Police Arrest Suspect After Man Dies From Brutal Beating Earlier This Month
- Police Investigating After 4 People Shot In Brooklyn Park