HarborView Towers Unveil Beacon Light Show
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A beacon of light. Starting Tuesday, there’s a new icon on Baltimore’s skyline. The HarborView Towers, a 24-year-old condo complex, unveiled a brand new light show for all of downtown to enjoy.
Christie Ileto has more on what it’s all about.
The light show premiered Tuesday evening.
“The lights are absolutely gorgeous. The lighting is nice. It’s definitely a special touch for the building,” said HarborView Towers resident Claire Sanses.
Officials say the lights will be visible across the city and from I-95.
They plan to have special shows for New Year’s, Valentine’s, St. Patrick Day, Earth Day, the Fourth of July, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Halloween, Hanukkah and Christmas. There will also be special ones when the Ravens and Orioles win and one that’s Maryland themed.
“We’ve gone through a lot of exterior renovations and we had the beacon retrofitted with LED lighting,” said HarborView Towers General Manager Joycelynn Peoples, who added that this means they can add colors.
Organizers say the light show will be similar to the show at the Empire State Building in New York City.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Jury Awards $2M In Lead Paint Case
- Extra Security Measures Added After White House Breach
- Police Turn To Surveillance Video In Search For Missing Md. Toddlers
- 2 Alleged Gang Members Arrested In Double Murder That Killed Shock Trauma Worker
- New Multi-Million Exhibit Brings Zoo Guests Closer To The Penguins