BALTIMORE (WJZ)–A man who accidentally killed his friend while testing out a bulletproof vest will remain behind bars.
A judge denied bail for 30-year-old Mark-Anthony Sandang Ramiro. He is charged with first and second-degree murder for the shooting death of 28-year-old Darnell Mitchell.
Police say Ramiro shot was aiming for the bulletproof vest but shot Mitchell above the vest instead.
Mitchell managed to walk to an area hospital, where despite medical efforts he was pronounced dead at 4:07 p.m. last Wednesday.
Ramiro’s defense attorney said the men were high on drugs and alcohol and made a stupid decision.
The shooting took place on 2208 Cedley Street and was filmed.
Other Local News:
- Reaction As New Details Released In Investigation Of Slain Baltimore Detective
- Cybersecurity Company To Expand Headquarters To Columbia
- 2 Maryland Companies To Study Medical Marijuana Vaping
- Former Raven Ed Reed Gives 400 Turkeys To Baltimore Boarding School
- Baltimore County Public Elementary Schools Being Upgraded With New Security Equipment