BALTIMORE (WJZ)–A man who accidentally killed his friend while testing out a bulletproof vest will remain behind bars.
A judge denied bail for 30-year-old Mark-Anthony Sandang Ramiro. He is charged with first and second-degree murder for the shooting death of 28-year-old Darnell Mitchell.
Police say Ramiro shot was aiming for the bulletproof vest but shot Mitchell above the vest instead.
Mitchell managed to walk to an area hospital, where despite medical efforts he was pronounced dead at 4:07 p.m. last Wednesday.
Ramiro’s defense attorney said the men were high on drugs and alcohol and made a stupid decision.
The shooting took place on 2208 Cedley Street and was filmed.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Congressmen Donating Their Pay During Government Shutdown
- Police ID Man In Perry Hall Fight Video In Which He Appears To Have Gun
- Marylanders Join Protesters Across The World In Women’s March
- Fire Crews Fight House Fire In West Baltimore, Save Cat
- BWI Continues To See Record Number Of Passengers; Adds Boost To Local Economy