BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Football season is almost here, and Ravens fans are hoping for a better one than last year.
Marcus Washington has more.
Last season left Ravens fans a bit disappointed—but those same fans say cheer up because 2014 brings a new season and excitement.
“Yeah, I’m excited about the Ravens. I was talking to my friends about it today. Training camp is starting and it’s going to be a good season,” said Bill Martin.
“It’s good to see. We had a few players that didn’t get to show their potential last year. I am really excited to see what Dennis Pitta can do. We picked up a few new players,” said Gage Gowger.
With the beginning of Ravens training camp, a lot of fans say you can smell a great season cooking.
We found fans out looking for Ravens gear at Poor Boys Sports out in Abingdon.
“The guy told me all the Super Bowl stuff is half price, and anything that has Super Bowl on it, so I am picking these two bad boys up just for the glory days,” said .
Owner of Poor Boy Sports, Tracey Tyson, says now is the time fans start stocking up on Ravens gear.
“They always replace their flags, their stickers, the hottest jersey or our newest shirt out. Especially for the women—they have to be dressed from head to toe,” Tyson said.
And instead of heading out, a lot of folks just want to stay home and sit in one of their Ravens chairs and enjoy the game.
While it’s too early to truly know what the season will bring, fans are hoping for a season to remember and celebrate.
Other Local News:
- Man Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Sister, 2 Cousins Charged With Murder
- Hate Crime Charge Brought Against Man Accused Of Killing Bowie St. Student
- Police: 4 Dead In Serious Westminster Crash, One Car Was Going 100+ MPH
- 2 Major Developments Could Reshape The U.S. Opioid Crisis
- Commissioner Davis On Police-Involved Shooting Of Robbery Suspect: ‘This Is A Dime A Dozen Scenario’