8-Year-Old Boy Charged In Aberdeen Playground Fire
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Maryland State Fire Marshals have charged an 8-year-old Aberdeen boy with intentionally igniting combustibles underneath playground equipment.
It happened Thursday afternoon at North Deen Park at 300 Center Deen Avenue. Investigators quickly developed a suspect after the Aberdeen Police Department received a tip from a concerned citizen.
The fire was quickly contained by firefighters after the boy ignited paper and the mulch directly underneath the playground equipment. Investigators determined only minor damaged occurred to the city-owned playground equipment.
Damages estimate at approximately $500. No injuries were reported during the incident.
The juvenile was charged with second-degree malicious burning and was released to the custody of his mother pending further action by the Department of Juvenile Services.
Other Local News:
- Emails Highlight Chaos Behind-The-Scenes During Baltimore Unrest
- Police In West Baltimore Shoot Man After Hitting Officer With His Car
- 2 Women Break Silence About Secret Rams Head Bathroom Recordings
- Boy Who Lost Hands To Infection Gets Double Hand Transplant
- Baltimore City Police Announce Several Arrests In Recent Murder Cases