BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Maryland State Fire Marshals have charged an 8-year-old Aberdeen boy with intentionally igniting combustibles underneath playground equipment.
It happened Thursday afternoon at North Deen Park at 300 Center Deen Avenue. Investigators quickly developed a suspect after the Aberdeen Police Department received a tip from a concerned citizen.
The fire was quickly contained by firefighters after the boy ignited paper and the mulch directly underneath the playground equipment. Investigators determined only minor damaged occurred to the city-owned playground equipment.
Damages estimate at approximately $500. No injuries were reported during the incident.
The juvenile was charged with second-degree malicious burning and was released to the custody of his mother pending further action by the Department of Juvenile Services.
Other Local News:
- Md. Woman Shot In Las Vegas Recovering At Johns Hopkins
- TSA Announces New Procedures For Airport Security Checkpoint
- Family Of Man Murdered At Hopkins Hospital Wonders If It Could Have Been Prevented
- Federal Judge In MD To Rule Later On Latest Trump Travel Ban
- Maryland AG Among 15 Opposing Trump’s Transgender Military Ban