BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Maryland State Fire Marshals have charged an 8-year-old Aberdeen boy with intentionally igniting combustibles underneath playground equipment.
It happened Thursday afternoon at North Deen Park at 300 Center Deen Avenue. Investigators quickly developed a suspect after the Aberdeen Police Department received a tip from a concerned citizen.
The fire was quickly contained by firefighters after the boy ignited paper and the mulch directly underneath the playground equipment. Investigators determined only minor damaged occurred to the city-owned playground equipment.
Damages estimate at approximately $500. No injuries were reported during the incident.
The juvenile was charged with second-degree malicious burning and was released to the custody of his mother pending further action by the Department of Juvenile Services.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Co. Fire & MTA Simulating Terrorist Attack Over Weekend At Metro Stops
- Md. State Police Looking For Suspect In Road Rage Incident
- Police Say Efforts To Crack Down On Illegal Dirt Bike Riding Is Working
- 18 Emaciated Horses Rescued From Maryland Farm
- Police Investigating Serious Crash In Anne Arundel County