Mike Preston writes a column for the Baltimore Sun in the sports section, and is the Ravens beat reporter also.
Mike joined Ed and Steve to talk about his observations from day 1 of Ravens training camp.
Mike started by talking about the Ray Rice suspension saying “two games is very light…I thought he would get 4.” Mike thought commissioner Goodell had a chance to make a statement but “he made the wrong statement.” Mike also talked about how the NFL has set a bad precedent on spousal abuse with previous cases against Fabian Washington, Cary Williams, Brandon Marshall and now Ray Rice. Preston also went over some of the camp battles and gave his opinions on how they will play out.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Garceau: I’m Ready For Some Ravens-Pats Prime Time
- Special Teams Could Play Big Role For Patriots vs. Ravens
- Ravens Team Headlines: Baltimore Defense Has Been Impressive Against The Run
- Ken Zalis Of Fans Fantasy Football Tells You Who To Play This Weekend On Your Fantasy Team
- Ravens’ New Grass Field Draws Mostly Praise, Some Criticism