Stuck Drawbridge Shuts Down Traffic Into Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- Attorneys: GPS Clears Man Of 2009 Baltimore Shooting
- Elections Official: Noncitizens May Be Voting In Md.
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Investigation Continues Into Cause Of NASA Rocket Explosion Near Md. Line
- Former Teller-In-Training Gets 7 years In Armed Bank Robbery