Stuck Drawbridge Shuts Down Traffic Into Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- 3 Dead, 2 Hurt After Aircraft Collision Near Frederick Airport
- Inspection Underway After A Driver Is Killed By A Fallen Tree
- Maryland Health Officials, Hospitals Coordinate On Ebola
- Marylanders Get A Jump Start In The 2014 Election With Early Voting
- Federal Contractor With Top Secret Security Clearance Faces Child Porn Charges