Stuck Drawbridge Shuts Down Traffic Into Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore’s Free Bus System In Debt, Change To Come
- Winter Storm Warnings & Advisories In Effect, Snow Falling In Maryland
- Poly-Western Students ‘Sit-in’ To Protest Ferguson Decision
- Thanksgiving Travel: Flight Delays, Traffic and Other Travel Information
- Detectives Continue To Investigate Local Man’s Death