OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigating After Two People Shot Monday Evening
- Md. Federal Judge Hearing Lawsuits Against Trump Travel Ban
- Md. Woman Shot In Las Vegas Recovering At Johns Hopkins
- Gospel Singer Cheryl Fortune Opens Up About Surviving Domestic Abuse
- Police: Armed Suspect Took $26 During Robbery Before Being Shot By Officer