OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- Noodles & Co. Reveals 26 Md. Locations Exposed To Data Breach
- Ospreys Displaced By Lightning Strike Moving Into New Home
- Baltimore Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Dice Game Shooting
- Firefighters Rescue Cat Trapped Inside Burning NE Baltimore Home
- Rescuers Free Driver Trapped in Car After Rollover Baltimore Co. Crash