OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- Md., Va. Students Build ‘Reef Balls’ To Support Chesapeake Bay Oysters
- Time Magazine: Russian Election Hack Worse Than Initially Thought
- Police Arrest Suspected Drug Dealer During Covert Investigation; Drugs And Gun Recovered
- New Plains Zebra Joins Herd At Maryland Zoo
- ‘American League Bandit,’ Fond Of O’s And Yankees Hats, Wanted For Va., Md. Bank Robberies