OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- Md. Football Player Paralyzed From Shooting Passes Away
- Md. Schools On Edge In Wake Of Deadly Florida School Shooting
- Daughter Of Legendary Jazz Musician Educating Baltimore Youth For More Than 50 Years
- Group Is Trying To Get Surveillance Plane Flying Again
- Gov. Hogan Gives Update On 2018 Legislative Session At The Halfway Point