OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A stuck drawbridge shuts down Route 50 into Ocean City for several hours.
There were traffic delays because the drawbridge became stuck in the open position.
It happened around 5 p.m. Saturday and reopened just after 8 p.m.
Highway officials say it was caused by mechanical issues.
The bridge was built in 1942. On average, more than 48,000 vehicles drive across the bridge on Saturdays in the summer.
Other Local News:
- City Schools Face Largest Budget Gap In History, Mayor Asks Gov. For Help
- Maryland JCC One Of Multiple Centers To Receive Bomb Threat Monday
- Victim Of Notorious Baltimore Priest Says Police Were In On Sexual Abuse
- Meet WJZ’s 2017 Black History Oratory Competition Winner: Jeremiah Pearl
- City Council Asking State To Turn Over Control Of Baltimore PD