MILLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Several people have been critically injured after a car hit a tree Sunday morning.
According to police, the accident occurred at 8:17 a.m. Sunday at I-97 north and Rt. 32.
Officials say three people were ejected from the vehicle and one person was briefly trapped.
Two of the people ejected have life-threatening injuries. The third has serious but non-life threatening injuries. The trapped person was medevaced to Shock Trauma with life-threatening injuries.
I-97 was shut down during the course of the investigation but reopened early Sunday afternoon.
All four people are at Shock Trauma. Their names have not been released.
Other Local News:
- 17 Shot, 2 Dead In Florida Nightclub Shooting
- State Asks Marylanders to Take Challenge And ‘Buy Local’ For A Week
- Woman Stabbed, Man Shot During Baltimore Domestic Incident, Police Say
- 3 Firefighters Injured, Dog Dies In Temple Hills Fire
- Gov. Hogan ‘Hair BobbleHead’ Winner of Bowie Baysox’s ‘Bobblection’