MILLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Several people have been critically injured after a car hit a tree Sunday morning.
According to police, the accident occurred at 8:17 a.m. Sunday at I-97 north and Rt. 32.
Officials say three people were ejected from the vehicle and one person was briefly trapped.
Two of the people ejected have life-threatening injuries. The third has serious but non-life threatening injuries. The trapped person was medevaced to Shock Trauma with life-threatening injuries.
I-97 was shut down during the course of the investigation but reopened early Sunday afternoon.
All four people are at Shock Trauma. Their names have not been released.
Other Local News:
- Shark Alert! Warnings High- And Low-Tech Seek To Protect
- Maryland Zoo Says Hobbes, Its African Leopard, Has Died
- Police: Man, 32, Shot Multiple Times In Perry Hall
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore