MILLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Several people have been critically injured after a car hit a tree Sunday morning.
According to police, the accident occurred at 8:17 a.m. Sunday at I-97 north and Rt. 32.
Officials say three people were ejected from the vehicle and one person was briefly trapped.
Two of the people ejected have life-threatening injuries. The third has serious but non-life threatening injuries. The trapped person was medevaced to Shock Trauma with life-threatening injuries.
I-97 was shut down during the course of the investigation but reopened early Sunday afternoon.
All four people are at Shock Trauma. Their names have not been released.
Other Local News:
- Ravens Fans Burn Gear, Swear Off NFL After Anthem-Kneeling
- Hurricane Maria Now Cat. 1, Tropical Storm Warnings Issued For NC Coast
- Fire Crews Battle 4-Alarm Warehouse Fire For Hours
- Gov. Hogan’s Approval Ratings Remain High, As Dems Announce Candidacy In 2018 Race
- Maryland Hospitals Working To Cut Down Over-Prescribing Opioids