BALTIMORE (WJZ)– All along, the Horseshoe Casino said its business would bring jobs to Baltimore. Well, 1,000 employees started Monday.
Mike Schuh reports that’s more than half its workforce.
All of these new employees will work 40 hour weeks learning their jobs and how they fit into the new building on Russell Street.
Even before the was up, managers took to the street to welcome 1,000 new employees.
While construction continues, the slots are in place, so bus loads of workers have been hired.
“Scale of one to ten, how excited I am today? I’d say a 12,” said Andrew Knapp.
Knapp gave up managing a pizza shop to work at Horseshoe Casino. His goal?
“Get up in the culinary world and eventually run one of these kitchens. So for me this is a huge step in my life,” Knapp said.
So many new hires, from dealers to cooks to cleaners, filled one hotel ballroom after another.
“So they’re going to learn about Caesar’s Entertainment and what specifically it means to work for Horseshoe,” said Noah Hirsh, Horseshoe spokesman.
Half of those offered jobs are from Baltimore City.
“Off the charts excited, the amount of talent we found in Baltimore couldn’t be more excited,” Hirsh said.
It’s 29 days and counting till the Horseshoe Casino opens its doors on Aug. 26.
Other Local News:
- 5 Shot, 3 Dead In Edgewood Business Park, Suspect At-Large
- Chemical Spill At Hunt Valley Retirement Community Sends 2 To Hospital
- Federal Officials Made Requests To Hold Immigrants In Baltimore
- Police: 4 Dead In Serious Westminster Crash, One Car Was Going 100+ MPH
- 5 People Injured, 1 Killed In Multiple Shootings Tuesday