BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police have arrested two women after a reported shoplifting incident resulted in store employees being pepper sprayed.
On Monday around 9:30 a.m., police were called to the Safeway grocery store at 2635 Housley Road in Annapolis, where a reported shoplifting incident just occurred.
The store general manager and grocery manager were both pepper sprayed when confronting two suspects who were seen shoplifting DVDs. The suspects fled on foot into a silver Dodge vehicle.
The vehicle was later seen traveling on Defense Highway near Crownsville Road, where an officer proceeded to make a traffic stop. One of the suspects fled on foot but was later taken into custody. The DVDs with a approximate value of $260 that were taken from the store were found and returned.
Martina Queen, 29, of Crofton, has been charged with theft, assault, resisting arrest and fleeing police.
Amber Abrams, 28, of Crofton, has been charged with theft and driving on a suspended driver’s license.
Other Local News:
- Salvation Army Closing A Baltimore Family Shelter
- Riders Safely Removed After Roller Coaster Stalls At Md. Six Flags
- Ex-Maryland Senator Awaiting Fraud Sentence To Repay $5K
- Md. Senator Bashes Trump Administration After Touring Detention Facilities Housing Children Of Illegal Immigrants
- Severe Thunderstorms Leave Path Of Destruction Across Region