BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police have arrested two women after a reported shoplifting incident resulted in store employees being pepper sprayed.
On Monday around 9:30 a.m., police were called to the Safeway grocery store at 2635 Housley Road in Annapolis, where a reported shoplifting incident just occurred.
The store general manager and grocery manager were both pepper sprayed when confronting two suspects who were seen shoplifting DVDs. The suspects fled on foot into a silver Dodge vehicle.
The vehicle was later seen traveling on Defense Highway near Crownsville Road, where an officer proceeded to make a traffic stop. One of the suspects fled on foot but was later taken into custody. The DVDs with a approximate value of $260 that were taken from the store were found and returned.
Martina Queen, 29, of Crofton, has been charged with theft, assault, resisting arrest and fleeing police.
Amber Abrams, 28, of Crofton, has been charged with theft and driving on a suspended driver’s license.
Other Local News:
- Twitter Wipes Out More Than 100K Accounts Linked To ISIS
- Health Officials Expect Zika Virus Could Eventually Reach Md.
- O’Malley Formally Withdraws From Md. Ballot
- Lawyer: ‘Serial’ Defense Crippled By Omission Of Witness
- Report: Prosecutors Intend To Appeal Judge’s Decision To Not Force Porter To Testify