BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police have arrested two women after a reported shoplifting incident resulted in store employees being pepper sprayed.
On Monday around 9:30 a.m., police were called to the Safeway grocery store at 2635 Housley Road in Annapolis, where a reported shoplifting incident just occurred.
The store general manager and grocery manager were both pepper sprayed when confronting two suspects who were seen shoplifting DVDs. The suspects fled on foot into a silver Dodge vehicle.
The vehicle was later seen traveling on Defense Highway near Crownsville Road, where an officer proceeded to make a traffic stop. One of the suspects fled on foot but was later taken into custody. The DVDs with a approximate value of $260 that were taken from the store were found and returned.
Martina Queen, 29, of Crofton, has been charged with theft, assault, resisting arrest and fleeing police.
Amber Abrams, 28, of Crofton, has been charged with theft and driving on a suspended driver’s license.
Other Local News:
- Thousands Try To Beating The Heat For A Jam-Packed Weekend At Artscape
- 2 Baltimore Police Officers Plead Guilty To Racketeering
- Heat Advisory For SE Md., Code Red Air Quality Alert Continues For Saturday
- Baltimore Co. Man Says Strangers Moved Into His Home, Claiming They Rented It On Craigslist
- Police Arrest Stabbing Suspect; Rapper Posted Aftermath On Facebook Live