Traffic Stop Leads To Drug Bust In Anne Arundel County
BROOKLYN PARK, Md . (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County Police arrested two people after a traffic stop lead to the seizure of large amounts of drugs.
Just after 1 a.m. on Wednesday, police conducted a traffic stop in the area of Ritchie Highway and 16th Avenue for a traffic violation.
During the traffic stop, the officer observed an open alcoholic container belonging to the rear passenger in the vehicle. Police then searched the vehicle and discovered over 9 grams of crack cocaine in the center console of the vehicle.
Over 44 grams of MDMA, also known as ecstasy and a digital scale were located on the driver of the vehicle. In addition, $366 was seized.
Phylliz Morris, 30, the driver of the vehicle, was charged with CDS possession with intent to distribute narcotics and possession of CDS paraphernalia.
Darmarcua Bryant, 24, was charged with an open container and was served with a warrant.
Other Local News:
- Police: 10-Year-Old Stabbed, Torched In DC Mansion
- Deadline Looming For NSA Spy Program
- Big Splash 2015 Kicks Off Summer Pool Season
- Father Wanted For Parental Abduction Is Speaking Out From Tunisia
- Johns Hopkins Adds Groundbreaking Dimension To Patient Safety